England vs San Marino | Thurs 25th March

Ollie Watkins scores his debut goal for England and the interviewer tells him that the pressure is on to be back up to Harry Kane.

The BBC did a poll this week to ask who should play upfront with Harry Kane:

Is it any wonder why he wanders around upfront and only comes to life with the ball at his feet?

Can tell hes a level above when he picks up positions and asks for the ball but no one had the ability or balls to force a pass through. Happened over and over
The piece of skill to take the ball down and control it was as good as anything I’ve ever seen.

The lad is a phenomenal talent.

Southgate is lining up Stones as one of his CB’s. Who does Stones line up best with? Dias. Why? Because he’s a commanding, aggressive CB.

He’ll be testing how Stones plays with both Cody and Maguire.

Got to feel for Stones having to play with either of those two after having Dias as his partner.

Got to feel for Stones having to play with either of those two after having Dias as his partner.
I was a bit worried for him in that I could see in the first 10 mins that he spent much longer on the ball when it came back to him - not him dawdling as such, just that the options to quickly move it simply weren't there/took much longer to develop.

The piece of skill to take the ball down and control it was as good as anything I’ve ever seen.

The lad is a phenomenal talent.
When he did that I said to my ERO "He's got the touch of Bernardo, David Silva and Mahrez rolled into both his feet!" Staggering touch. And the joy for us fans and the despair for others is that he's gonna get better!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.