England winning the W Cup or City winning the CL. Which would you take?

Pam

Couldn't care less about England as compared to City. Hope they don't go out tonight but City winning the FA Cup (never even mind the CL) would give me more joy than Engerland winning the W Cup. I bet I'm not alone. What say you?

Its a difficult one as there are pros and cons to both.
From a football perspective winning the champions league is more important to me.
However city winning the champions league is much more likely due to the fact it happens every year and city are genuine contenders. Most people will only see 20 world cups in their lifetime and you need a tremendous amount of luck to win it while having a good sqaud.
Winning the world cup would see the whole nation go delirious and the scenes after it would be incredible.
All in all a tough one

I’m a Mancunian first. A person’s locality and their city should be more important to them than their country. It’s natural. It’s what you live and breath every day. And the football club from their city should be more important to someone than their nation’s football representative team.

That’s why I’ll never understand how ‘fans’ from places like the US can pick to support a Premier League team. I find it more odd that a Yank (or anyone from any country) would say “I’m a proud Bostonian but I’m a Manchester City fan” than one saying “I’m a proud American but I support England”

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy one for me :)

City.

Now if it was a choice between Ireland winning the World Cup or Euros I'd pick that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.