England World Cup Squad.

Looking at that squad I really think we could win it. Danny Welbeck is a very savvy pick by Southgate who is known for his nuanced selection criteria. With 5 goals in 28 league appearances you know he has been saving himself all year for a big performance at the world cup. When push comes to shove you need a versatile Arsenal forward known for his unbelieveably 1 goal every 6 games poaching ability. Gary Cahill is another choice inclusion, yes he's 32 and has no pace or passing ability and has come off the back of an unbelievably disappointing league and champions league campaign in which his own manager has lost faith in him, but Conte is know for favouring an attacking style of football and leaving his defenders hung out to dry. Phil Jones has only played 24 games in all competitions this season, so you know he's fresh too.

When you combine the talent we have on offer with the tactician in charge we have to have a winning formula. Southgate has already overseen impressive wins against the footballing giants of Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia and of course Lithuania, whilst also masterminding rampaging draws against Brazil and Germany. Truly a visionary.

My prediction is a pulverising 1-0 win against tunisia, a dominating 0-0 draw with panama and an exciting 0-4 loss to belgium then home for tea and medals.

Looking at that squad I really think we could win it. Danny Welbeck is a very savvy pick by Southgate who is known for his nuanced selection criteria. With 5 goals in 28 league appearances you know he has been saving himself all year for a big performance at the world cup. When push comes to shove you need a versatile Arsenal forward known for his unbelieveably 1 goal every 6 games poaching ability. Gary Cahill is another choice inclusion, yes he's 32 and has no pace or passing ability and has come off the back of an unbelievably disappointing league and champions league campaign in which his own manager has lost faith in him, but Conte is know for favouring an attacking style of football and leaving his defenders hung out to dry. Phil Jones has only played 24 games in all competitions this season, so you know he's fresh too.

When you combine the talent we have on offer with the tactician in charge we have to have a winning formula. Southgate has already overseen impressive wins against the footballing giants of Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia and of course Lithuania, whilst also masterminding rampaging draws against Brazil and Germany. Truly a visionary.

My prediction is a pulverising 1-0 win against tunisia, a dominating 0-0 draw with panama and an exciting 0-4 loss to belgium then home for tea and medals.
You've convinced me. Welbeck to lift the trophy

I think he could be useful if he is given the right instructions and works on his holdup play, he's physically much stronger than Vardy or Kane and at least there's 3 different kinds of strikers there which gives us some flexibility for different opponents but he's 3rd choice if we need something different basically.

Vardy is the pacey run in behind type against a high line, Kane is our best CF option on his day(not sure how best to describe his style, perhaps a fox in the box?).

Rashford and Sterling always start for me, I'm kind of glad Chamberlain isn't going because although I'd take him over Henderson in a heartbeat for midfield, he'd be played out of position on the RW taking Sterling's place, based on how he was used in the qualifiers.

Not sure I agree with Cahill or Henderson going, I'd have taken Tarkowski over Cahill and since Dier is a slightly better DM than Henderson(that's not saying much, should be ok with Delph next to him hopefully) we could have taken Foden or even Lallana would be more useful if fit.

Not sure about on my first choice keeper to be honest, if Pickford has the distribution some claim he has(I've yet to see it in an England shirt) then he gets the nod.

My_England_11.gif
I'd play Steptoe ahead of Rashford and bring Rashford on in the second half for an injection of pace.
Also Danny Rose as left back. Alexander Arnold is one for the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.