English Countryside

This weekend Mrs London and I went strolling in the countryside, collecting (as is our wont) blackberries, apples (you have to know where to look) and elderberries. On Sunday night we had home made apple and blackberry crumble with apples that had been on the trees and blackberries that had been on the bushes that morning. Washed down with home-made elderberry cordial.

It's not just beautiful, it is bountiful, and I love it too.

The Sussex Downs are spectacular even though it's swarming with Shandy drinking Southern twunts singing 'knees up Muver Brown'

Best time of the year.....this last 3 weeks whilst walking the dogs I've seen a male otter twice and a female or youngster once, herons, buzzards, a grass snake and this morning a large salmon. Been eating apples and pears, blackberries and delicious wild strawberries.The last 30 years have seen a huge clean up of our waterways and countryside, long may it continue.

I've been lucky to see many beautiful parts of the world, but there's something about a nice stroll in the English countryside followed by a nice beer, that can't be beaten.

Ronnie the Rep said:
Just on a train from Brum to Hampshire. It just struck me how astonishingly beautiful our country is especially at this time of year. I can't imagine living anywhere else.

That is all
Try Scotland Ronnie.
The scenery is magnificent.

It might look all very pretty but the vast majority of it is so intensively farmed that that it's about as valuable to wildlife as a concrete car park.

Used to love walking round Edale. Finished off with a pub lunch and a pint in the old nags head, or a proper cask ale in the 3 stags head in Wardlow. Now that is a proper pub, countryside there is pretty amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.