James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

I rember him. He was a star in the making. Rember seeing him at England youth level then at celtic. I think it may of been some sort of attitude problem cos he wasn't to bad a player at all. He must be about 47 now!!

I rember him. He was a star in the making. Rember seeing him at England youth level then at celtic. I think it may of been some sort of attitude problem cos he wasn't to bad a player at all. He must be about 47 now!!
Hate it when youngsters have attitudes then decide to get their act toegther somewhere else and become a sort after player. JS FFS.

There was an article in The Times a few years ago about City’s youth academy, pretty sure it made their back page.

It mentioned a prospect who was being talked about as an English Messi and arguably the brightest prospect ever to come out of Manchester. I’m sure it said we had a couple of his brothers on the books too.

Can anyone remember the article and know who it was referring to? Was it Foden? Or was it someone else? Cheers.

Was Steve McManaman

Weiss

Whatever happened to him, he was another one that was going to be the next great thing, played ok in a couple of games and disappeared.

it just shows you how good the few who actually make it out of the academy into the first team and stay there really are.

James McAtee is the son of St Helens scrum half John McAtee.
James’s brother (not named in bbc article about battle of our academies) was at the rags academy and although James wanted to go to City they couldn’t ferry them about to 2 places so James joined the rags. When the brother didn’t make it they switched James to City, better education guaranteed etc.

Now, James was born in Salford in ‘02 and there’s a player for S****horpe called John McAtee, also born in Salford in’99. His pro record starts off at Shrewsbury, where he was loaned out to non-league teams including Curzon Ashton and Ashton Utd. He signed for S****horpe Utd in 2019 and apparently has had a stormer of a season with Newcastle and Sunderland now fighting over him.

Is this John McAtee James’s brother?

Edit: it wasn’t me that changed part of the football team’s name that Ian Botham and Keggy once played for, it was the forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.