English players

LoveCity said:
kun said:
Please, no more Delphs.
No more Jack Rodwells, no more Scott Sinclairs, no more Adam Johnsons.

+100

I'm sick of the squad filler who contribute nothing and end up either sitting on their fat contracts or sold with the obligatory "City is shit for English players because I wasn't good enough" interview.

The only obtainable HG players maybe worth buying: Clyne (to replace Sagna), Schneiderlin (to replace Fernando IF Fernando struggles to settle - he deserves more time), Sterling (but the cost). And perhaps Ward-Prowse and Barkley (but I'd avoid because it's obvious we we'd have to pay 5x more than his actual worth). If we go back to 4-4-2, I guess you can make an argument for Jay Rodriguez as our #4 striker too.

Pellegrini likes a squad of 21 it is said. That means we only really need 4 non-homegrown in our league squad who can contribute something. We should promote from within if there are no value for money options on the market like the players listed above.

CL requires more though doesn't it? Isn't Boyata doing exactly that tho. I also don't like players less than our level being at our club but what we want or are sick of should be irrelevant compared to what we need/have to have. If we could get ward prowse for a non joke fee, He'd be better than delph obviously. But rules are rules and we can't just ignore them because we dont want another scott sinclair. Imagine these rules are why we signed sinclair in the first place. Who knows, maybe it will work this time...

and again with delph in a short term contract there is no risk or wasted money, particularly in an FFP year. If he fails who cares, he performed a beurocratic function and we can sell him once the chains come off

Ray78 said:
K-Bo said:
Yeah not really a nationalist issue as much as a premier league and champions league issue. Someone like Clichy, foreign but under the rules homegrown would be just as good.

Does Schneiderlin count as home grown? Or was he not at southampton's youth for long enough.

Southampton did buy Schneiderlin from Strasbourg but he does qualify but it will cost a stupid amount of money to sign him.

Might not be a terrible big money signing that though, we need a quality central midfielder and a homegrown player who is young(ish) and could compete in our first XI. Rather him than Barkley, but tbh reckon Schneiderlin will go to united.

K-Bo said:
and again with delph in a short term contract there is no risk or wasted money, particularly in an FFP year. If he fails who cares, he performed a beurocratic function and we can sell him once the chains come off

Villa want Sinclair. We'll take Delph for Sinclair + 8-10Mill. Two problems solved right there...;)

I agree with the posts above, no more squad fillers, average British players just to fill quotas, that's just settling for second best.

We have some outstanding youngsters who need to be developed in the first team, they are our future.

Only Sterling or Clyne have the quality to be a Manchester City player and even they won't be a certain starter.

Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Ray78 said:

I agree. although they wont necessarily be english

IMO Pozo/Barker/lopes/Iheanacho can all play the role of squad players, 5th choice attacking midfielder or 4th choice striker/shadow striker type

I don't care if they are English or not. As long as the academy is producing sufficient amount of quality who can fit into our team is all I am bothered about,

i totally agree. my comment was more related to the title. it should have been homegrown players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.