English talent

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

With the apparant exit of players like lescott, sinclair and possibly Micah ( hope not) we are severley lacking in english players. When we need to have a few in the squad and team imo

Which english players could we buy ????

can we fill the homegrown quota without these players?

Re: English players

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
With the apparant exit of players like lescott, sinclair and possibly Micah ( hope not) we are severley lacking in english players. When we need to have a few in the squad and team imo

I know it's been mentioned a lot recently, but if Micah leaves I'd be absolutely stunned!

Goo said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I know it's been mentioned a lot recently, but if Micah leaves I'd be absolutely stunned!

as i put in the other thread, it would make no sense at all to get rid of micah. Wr barely have any academy players and he loves the club. On his day imo he is one of the best RBs in the league, it would be madness.

Theres been talk of us buying Sam Byram from leeds, but no way is he better than micah

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Goo said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

as i put in the other thread, it would make no sense at all to get rid of micah. Wr barely have any academy players and he loves the club. On his day imo he is one of the best RBs in the league, it would be madness.

Theres been talk of us buying Sam Byram from leeds, but no way is he better than micah

Also he puts in a pretty decent shift in the right side of CB when asked.

100% agree with everything you've said. But why bother with Byram when Micah already fits the bill perfectly?

Yes but what young english players are around at the Moment

Wilshere (Not A Chance of signing him)
Sterling(No Chance)
Chamberlain (No Chance)
Caulker or Gary Cahill Could Both replace lescott if there clubs would sell
Shawcross
Carroll good option for 4th choice striker but would cost too much
Sam Byram (Good Option but would not play with Micah Zabs and Maicon ahead

Will Hughes (Good Option)
Luke Shaw (Good Option)
Tom Ince (Great Option to replace sinclair but would want more game time)

3 very realistic young english signings right there

km09 said:

Sterling(No Chance)
Chamberlain (No Chance)
Shawcross

Luke Shaw (Good Option)

WOW! English players are shite

Micah isn't going anywhere.

If we really needed another English player, I would go for a young defender or something. English players seem to have pretty poor technique so I wouldn't want to spend the inevitable big sum an attacking player.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 pm --<br /><br />
km09 said:

Sterling(No Chance)
Chamberlain (No Chance)
Shawcross

Luke Shaw (Good Option)

You left out that Leeds defender we've supposedly been looking at, Sam something I think his name is.

It'd be ridiculous to sell Micah. Zaba has been brilliant but Micah was just as good in the title winning season. Zaba's more an allrounder, being the better defender, but we have missed Micah's powerful bursting runs in the final third, he was involved in a lot of goals last season.

If we do sell him I'll be pissed off big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.