EPLs new FFP rules claim first victim

I'm no cynic but...

Team supported
The one and only City
It's West Ham United, with possibly Liverpool too. The Hammers wish to sign Andy Carroll on a permanent deal and the player is happy to go there, according to Sam Allardyce, but the whole financial package is making it unlikely, the fear of being docked points being mentioned. This could also mean that Liverpool are stuck with an expensive, unwanted player on the books unless they are prepared to take a huge loss on him.

I always knew this kind of thing was a possibility, and I forecast a very flat summer of transfer activity which will affect everyone, not just City and Chelsea where the rules were primarily aimed at.

I'm no cynic said:
It's West Ham United, with possibly Liverpool too. The Hammers wish to sign Andy Carroll on a permanent deal and the player is happy to go there, according to Sam Allardyce, but the whole financial package is making it unlikely, the fear of being docked points being mentioned. This could also mean that Liverpool are stuck with an expensive, unwanted player on the books unless they are prepared to take a huge loss on him.

I always knew this kind of thing was a possibility, and I forecast a very flat summer of transfer activity which will affect everyone, not just City and Chelsea where the rules were primarily aimed at.

Serves em right! They voted for it. Drink it in!!

Probably West Ham just moaning so they can bid a few million less than Liverpool and make out like they can't spend any more and are doing Liverpool a favor by taking him.

...meanwhile, the rags who were one of the cheerleaders for this new rule go out in the summer and spunk £48M on Falcao, just to rub West Ham's noses in it.

unexpected item said:
...meanwhile, the rags who were one of the cheerleaders for this new rule go out in the summer and spunk £48M on Falcao, just to rub West Ham's noses in it.

And Liverpool's?

corky1970 said:
kp789 said:
Could also affect his career if he does not move, but does not get played at Liverpool

this is why it wont work, if a player is stuck at a club he would rather not be at or is not playing and his career is stalling would this a restriction of trade?

therefore EU direct directives would override all other Private legislation ??
Well it can fall to a employment dispute as he is unable to leave as the club are unable to sell .

We should ask our resident Hammer Mark what his and his kinsmans views are on these developments

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.