Epstein / Prince Andrew / Maxwell

Seen some stuff on social media claiming that it depends on how you pronounce the late nonce's name denotes whether you are anti-semitic or not? My only thought was Rick Stein and Jock Stein,,, for the record in my schooldays I was taught the second vowel ( ie Rick ) wins it?
Corbyn was heavily criticized for that, pronouncing it German like Ep-shtein, instead of Epstine.
It was regarded as anti Semitic.

To my knowledge Stein is a German word, with “ei” pronounced in native tongue as in “mine”. Example: Einstein, which is normally pronounced correctly.

Anything else is presumably a result of Anglicisation or Americanisation and appears to be inconsistent. But how Weinstein became “Wine steen” fcuk only knows. Doesn’t make sense.

ABC has been running a special report for the last couple hours. I knew the guy was a piece of garbage but I didn't realize how awful he was. I also didn't realize how hard the gov't worked to not prosecute him.

To my knowledge Stein is a German word, with “ei” pronounced in native tongue as in “mine”. Example: Einstein, which is normally pronounced correctly.

Anything else is presumably a result of Anglicisation or Americanisation and appears to be inconsistent. But how Weinstein became “Wine steen” fcuk only knows. Doesn’t make sense.
Sean Bean says hello

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.