Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do those assurances in a 22-player squad look like for the next 5 years?
Will the club get clean sheet assurances in return? ;-)

The only assurance players get is:
when you are fantastic and fit week in week out you'll play week in week out.
Right, but this is the price you pay when the track record of bringing through young players is as bad as ours is, and why a lot of us care so much about Foden getting in. If we can't lay out a path for young players to break into the squad they're just going to leave. A guy like Garcia could probably start for a few decent La Liga sides as a 19 or 20 year old.

Foden's perspective getting in is crystal clear and he seems to understand and agree with Pep.

When i look at our CBs I can easily see a similar perspective for Garcia - if he fits Pep's demands...

Impatient players like Sancho will be off, others will stay. It's more about personality than anything else.
We can't let young hot kids decide how much they want to play. All senior players would leave then!
It's much more complex in a big squad of very good players.

Foden's perspective getting in is crystal clear and he seems to understand and agree with Pep.

When i look at our CBs I can easily see a similar perspective for Garcia - if he fits Pep's demands...

Impatient players like Sancho will be off, others will stay. It's more about personality than anything else.
We can't let young hot kids decide how much they want to play. All senior players would leave then!
It's much more complex in a big squad of very good players.

Agreed and at 5’10 with no pace the lad will have to be truly special to make it at the very top level. That’s if we look to have defenders at the level of Komps and Laporte and not Stones, Mangala etc anyway.

Agreed and at 5’10 with no pace the lad will have to be truly special to make it at the very top level. That’s if we look to have defenders at the level of Komps and Laporte and not Stones, Mangala etc anyway.
His physicality will work against him his whole career, but the under rated part about him is his intelligence,tenacity and passing, which if excellent can make up for some of his shorter stature.

Very good again tonight, had plenty to do in that second half.

He should be going on to get some decent minutes this season, no excuse considering our struggles at CB.

Need to get his name on a new contract as soon as possible. He's excellent and we absolutely need to leave a pathway for him to play more next season.

His physicality will work against him his whole career, but the under rated part about him is his intelligence,tenacity and passing, which if excellent can make up for some of his shorter stature.

I think he's 6ft or very close now.

He was standing next to Otamendi in a video on the club site recently and he's taller, and he looked at least as big as the Oxford striker Agyei tonight who is listed at 6ft.

Don't think his size will be a problem, especially when he's this good.

Stones should be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.