Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankless task for him tonight.
This. I'm really going out on a limb here but I'm thinking it might not be the best game to judge him on coming into a makeshift back three that we've barely played before, down a man, and defending in our own half for 45 minutes.

Will have been a decent learning experience though, and a solid vote of confidence from Pep.

Can anyone explain to me what's special about him? There is nothing there, he is slow, not strong, very short to be a CB . The only reason he plays at all is because he's not Otamendi . He will never be a high-level player

Can anyone explain to me what's special about him? There is nothing there, he is slow, not strong, very short to be a CB . The only reason he plays at all is because he's not Otamendi . He will never be a high-level player
Maybe you should go and tell Pep then. You’re surely more intelligent than him when it comes to football

I thought he did ok but the same thing worries me about him as our CBs. Not remotely commanding and given his size, highly unlikely to ever be so. We shouldn’t be in a situation (and it is happening every single game) where a 60 yard lump from the opposition ends up with us facing a one on one.

Maybe you should go and tell Pep then. You’re surely more intelligent than him when it comes to football
Maybe not. But I'm probably more intelligent than you in general. Instead of answering me like this, tell me why you think he is a player to these levels. Give me one good performance, tell me that I'm wrong and you think he is tall ,strong or fast enough, even today they could score 2 goals on his head. I'm down for letting young players to play but I don't see anything special about him, maybe I don't understand football.

Have you considered watching another sport? This one might not be for you...

The kid is going to be a top class CB. He's quick enough, tall enough and strong enough, and his reading of the game is absolutely spot on.

He's also clearly a born leader because he's making his first league start and was the person organising the 30+ year old defenders around him and bossing them around.

Has he signed a new deal yet? Hopefully starting him will be a step in the right direction

Have you considered watching another sport? This one might not be for you...
Yes I probably do not understand football .. I just played all my life professional and make a living today from football. If you talk like that, you're not worth my time. Let's see where Garcia will be for in few years. (I would love to be wrong)
have a happy holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.