Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he played as well as everyone on here is saying then the rest of the defence were dreadful as we got done time and time again and could easily have conceded 4/5 goals but for wasteful finishing. We looked vulnerable to the ball over the top, on his and Walker’s side and he appears slow on the turn and weak in holding players off. Hopefully he can fill out and improve that area of his game.

Go on then fella who do you support?

The lad did well and he’ll learn a lot from last night - he won’t encounter that sort of movement from a front line very often nor will he play in many games where we have such relatively little possession

I can’t believe the criticism. He played against the best front 3 in the league who are current CL holders and have just won the PL by 20 points - they get in behind everyone!

He’s 18/19 and looks more than capable of being an able deputy for next season

The lad is is pure quality, just like Phil.

He will also be managed like Phil and will be around the first team for another 2 seasons before becoming a regular.

What stands out for me is that he is calm on the ball and can pick a good pass, for a short arse he also wins his fair share of headers and he seems to be in the right position a lot. They are all great traits for a CB. The fact he can play against Arsenal and Liverpool and help the side keep clean sheets is hugely encouraging.

That said, he isn’t quite ready to be Laporte’s regular partner. We’ve seen in Boyata, Savic and Nastasic that young CBs need to be protected more than any other position.

Perhaps getting Koulibaly and having him and Laporte for the next 3 seasons could then see Garcia having a Phil like impact on our defence!

Really impressed with Garcia...shows great composure and he obviously wants to be part of our great squad. Yes there was 2 occassions last night (I remember) where he should have done better, but these are learning curves for him

If we can possibly get Koulibaly from Napoli then Garcia will be understudy to him and Laporte - along with guidance from Pep he will be a class act for us

He did really well

IMO, sell Stones and have Garcia take his spot in the squad. He 1.) will count not only as homegrown but also club-trained, 2.) can be trusted to play against pretty much all PL sides, and 3.) doesn't get injured every other week.

Also, on that 3rd point - I don't understand why I've seen some people say we should sell Otamendi instead of Stones, when Stones can't even be relied upon to be a backup. Nico is at least always available for selection, which is what you need from a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.