Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan then.

I wouldn’t say that at all. The point I was making was that in an ideal world, he wouldn’t be our go-to partner for Laporte...yet. For Garcia to be regularly in the side now, I would expect it to be because he is the defensive version of Foden, one of those talents that he is just so special he cannot be ignored. I don’t think that is the case with Garcia, he is in the side because Pep doesn’t trust Stones or Otamendi anymore and he would rather put his faith in a kid. That is fantastic for Garcia and in one way, seeing a kid being promoted to the 1st team is great for us fans but it also shows our current piss poor situation at CB. A situation that has to be rectified this Summer. This is no slight against Garcia but if he isn’t 4th choice CB at the start of next season, we have fucked up in the transfer market again.

What's interesting with Garcia is that what he does well he does well FAR beyond his age.

There's obvious flaws to him but for now I'd rather hope it's to do with inexperience and unfinished physical growth. A couple of inches of height and a bit of filling out and he's set.

Otamendi or Stones would have panicked and bollocksed up the early moment he was under pressure and let the guy clean through, he wriggled out of it, carried on and never looked back. Good signs.

I wouldn’t say that at all. The point I was making was that in an ideal world, he wouldn’t be our go-to partner for Laporte...yet. For Garcia to be regularly in the side now, I would expect it to be because he is the defensive version of Foden, one of those talents that he is just so special he cannot be ignored. I don’t think that is the case with Garcia, he is in the side because Pep doesn’t trust Stones or Otamendi anymore and he would rather put his faith in a kid. That is fantastic for Garcia and in one way, seeing a kid being promoted to the 1st team is great for us fans but it also shows our current piss poor situation at CB. A situation that has to be rectified this Summer. This is no slight against Garcia but if he isn’t 4th choice CB at the start of next season, we have fucked up in the transfer market again.

You said.
Garcia is back to being 3rd choice at best but hopefully 4th or 5th choice..
So which is it,3rd 4th or 5th,
If he 3rd choice we dont buy anyone.
If he 4th choice we dont buy anyone or +1cb
If he 5th same as above..
So we've got 5 CB now including Fernandinho we've got to try and get 2 out before we buy 2 in, so you then will get your wish 4th or 5th
Am so happy pep doesn't agree with you,as you said barca return..were pep wants him to stay.
10yrs ago people on here said very similar about another Spanish player not good enough HMMMMMMMMMMMM..?

You said.
Garcia is back to being 3rd choice at best but hopefully 4th or 5th choice..
So which is it,3rd 4th or 5th,
If he 3rd choice we dont buy anyone.
If he 4th choice we dont buy anyone or +1cb
If he 5th same as above..
So we've got 5 CB now including Fernandinho we've got to try and get 2 out before we buy 2 in, so you then will get your wish 4th or 5th
Am so happy pep doesn't agree with you,as you said barca return..were pep wants him to stay.
10yrs ago people on here said very similar about another Spanish player not good enough HMMMMMMMMMMMM..?

Garcia is not currently good enough to be a 1st choice centre back at a club that aims to win the Prem and CL every season. Again, this is no slight on Garcia, he just isn’t there yet. That would be even more apparent if Stones and Otamendi weren’t turd. If they had performed at a level anything like what is expected of them, Garcia would not be regularly partnering Laporte in PL games and we wouldn’t be looking at the prospect of him playing against Real. Garcia would likely be 4th choice if everything had gone according to plan.

So what do we do next season? Do we leave it as is (shudders), or do we go into the market for a new CB? Any CB we sign isn’t pushing Laporte down the pecking order in favour of Garcia, so clearly Garcia is the one that moves down. He then becomes 3rd choice. Personally, I would like us to buy 2 new CBs, so that an injury doesn’t put us in the same position next season. So Garcia becomes 4th choice.

The Barcelona piece was based on him dropping back down the pecking order next season. Does he want to stay here and potentially find himself back on the bench most weeks, or does he consider going back to Barcelona if they are offering him more game time?

Garcia is not currently good enough to be a 1st choice centre back at a club that aims to win the Prem and CL every season. Again, this is no slight on Garcia, he just isn’t there yet. That would be even more apparent if Stones and Otamendi weren’t turd. If they had performed at a level anything like what is expected of them, Garcia would not be regularly partnering Laporte in PL games and we wouldn’t be looking at the prospect of him playing against Real. Garcia would likely be 4th choice if everything had gone according to plan.

So what do we do next season? Do we leave it as is (shudders), or do we go into the market for a new CB? Any CB we sign isn’t pushing Laporte down the pecking order in favour of Garcia, so clearly Garcia is the one that moves down. He then becomes 3rd choice. Personally, I would like us to buy 2 new CBs, so that an injury doesn’t put us in the same position next season. So Garcia becomes 4th choice.

The Barcelona piece was based on him dropping back down the pecking order next season. Does he want to stay here and potentially find himself back on the bench most weeks, or does he consider going back to Barcelona if they are offering him more game time?

assuming city keeps playing in 4-3-3 garcia should back up the starting right centre back. So, yeah, 3rd or 4th option, the good news are that if he works on his body, he can even improve his pace, although good positioning is more important than pure speed for center backs

After starting only 7 games(12 with subs) some FANS,dont think he's worthy off a starting place for our fantastic club,
As others have said the intelligence of this lad is way ahead of other at such a tender age,if you can read the game better than
others that's is something special..
As I said before we've got 5cbs adding 2more before we sell isn't going to happen imo, Larport,Aka,Garcia,Otta..Fernandinho/CB,cm
To many fans writing young players of after a couple off game, sounding like rags & dippers,
Am so happy Pep sees more than the average fan,

He's so smart, so intelligent. His physicality is not so, so strong, but he resolves the situation by thinking. I like to work with smart people, intelligent people. He is one of them. I can count on him. He has shown me an incredible personality.”

Pep Guardiola, January 2019

After starting only 7 games(12 with subs) some FANS,dont think he's worthy off a starting place for our fantastic club,
As others have said the intelligence of this lad is way ahead of other at such a tender age,if you can read the game better than
others that's is something special..
As I said before we've got 5cbs adding 2more before we sell isn't going to happen imo, Larport,Aka,Garcia,Otta..Fernandinho/CB,cm
To many fans writing young players of after a couple off game, sounding like rags & dippers,
Am so happy Pep sees more than the average fan,

He's so smart, so intelligent. His physicality is not so, so strong, but he resolves the situation by thinking. I like to work with smart people, intelligent people. He is one of them. I can count on him. He has shown me an incredible personality.”

Pep Guardiola, January 2019

You're misinterpreting what I am saying. My posts are not having a go at Garcia, they are more a damning assessment of Stones and Otamendi. They have been terrible and when that happens and you cannot buy to replace them, the manager has to do something about it from within his own squad. That something was Garcia and he has performed admirably.

Our current CB pecking order is probably 1. Laporte 2. Garcia 3. Stones 4. Otamendi. It is not even close to being good enough, we have to buy. Buying new 3rd and 4th choices to replace Stones and Otamendi would be a huge error, we don't really improve by doing that. Ideally we should be looking for two new centre backs, that push both Laporte and Garcia down the pecking order but it is highly unlikely we can find two that are better than Laporte. Rumours are that we are after Koulibaly and Ake. If that happens, the order becomes 1. Laporte 2. Koulibaly 3. Ake 4. Garcia which is a much better position to be in.

You're misinterpreting what I am saying. My posts are not having a go at Garcia, they are more a damning assessment of Stones and Otamendi. They have been terrible and when that happens and you cannot buy to replace them, the manager has to do something about it from within his own squad. That something was Garcia and he has performed admirably.

Our current CB pecking order is probably 1. Laporte 2. Garcia 3. Stones 4. Otamendi. It is not even close to being good enough, we have to buy. Buying new 3rd and 4th choices to replace Stones and Otamendi would be a huge error, we don't really improve by doing that. Ideally we should be looking for two new centre backs, that push both Laporte and Garcia down the pecking order but it is highly unlikely we can find two that are better than Laporte. Rumours are that we are after Koulibaly and Ake. If that happens, the order becomes 1. Laporte 2. Koulibaly 3. Ake 4. Garcia which is a much better position to be in.

Yes I understand that.
But we've still got to move 2 out,
Stone arsenal,will their board sanction this,always seems injured
Otta probably Spain maybe,which as been a good servant for the club,& will no is times up.
Will stone fancy a new challenge or just want to pick up wages,
Either way if its true Ake is coming in,am happy,him & Larporte 1-2 Garcia 3 unless Koulibay but either way them 4 will get game time,between rotation with all partnering each other,
But big buys dont guarantee success as previous purchases have shown..

He needs to be made to do sprint training every day,he only needs to add that to his game,he also needs to learn to duck when Eddie has the ball,he is just the intelligent player pep likes,was Eric senior Eric senior at 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.