Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a couple of comments about him on here after the Bournemouth game when Josh King put him on his arse. Now it appears that having signed Ake, Garcia has seen his arse and realises himself he's not good enough. Watching him trying to keep up with Aubameyeng in the Cup semi for the 2nd goal confirmed it for me. He runs like a kid competing in a school sports day. Adios amigo.
Well he is a kid you know...

Well he is a kid you know...
Ok I accept he's young and inexperienced. But if this lad was playing at a mid table Premier League club, do you think we'd be in for him based on what we've seen? I doubt it. Pep may have seen more of the potential that everyone talks about and that's why he's given him game time. On the basis of what I've seen, it's a no from me. I can see him getting bullied by the majority of PL centre forwards.

Ok I accept he's young and inexperienced. But if this lad was playing at a mid table Premier League club, do you think we'd be in for him based on what we've seen? I doubt it. Pep may have seen more of the potential that everyone talks about and that's why he's given him game time. On the basis of what I've seen, it's a no from me. I can see him getting bullied by the majority of PL centre forwards.

And yet we have just bought one from a team relegated for 40m.

And yet we have just bought one from a team relegated for 40m.
Not sure that's a good comparison. Ake has plenty of Premier League experience at both Bournemouth and Chelsea under his belt, hence the fee. And what does the size of the fee mean these days? I'm talking about the players ability, not the fee we have paid for Ake.

He is not a physical CB. Nor particularly athletic or fast. All severe negatives. Yet he has impeccable positioning, good vision, technical proficiency and a strong will. That's more than I can say for many defenders. It's an annoying loss. But I don't see it as a key loss. A decent backup who could have developed into a starter... But I'm not sure I see World Class in his future. A blend between Marc Batra and Nastasic. Good but not special.

He is not a physical CB. Nor particularly athletic or fast. All severe negatives. Yet he has impeccable positioning, good vision, technical proficiency and a strong will. That's more than I can say for many defenders. It's an annoying loss. But I don't see it as a key loss. A decent backup who could have developed into a starter... But I'm not sure I see World Class in his future. A blend between Marc Batra and Nastasic. Good but not special.
A good summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.