Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was amazed to see him playing tonight. I’ve always felt that as great as Pep is, he has a tendency to treat players differently. It always seemed to me that Pep had a problem with Sane and I do wonder if that ultimately played some part in him wanting to go elsewhere. I then think about Sancho not signing a new deal and if I remember correctly being punted from a preseason tour because of it. Garcia refuses to sign a new deal and is punished with a start in a CL QF.

Why did we start him if he is leaving, is he potentially signing the contract? Seems odd.

If back 3 should have had Walker in there, was clueless how to play wingback.

Why did we start him if he is leaving, is he potentially signing the contract? Seems odd.

If back 3 should have had Walker in there, was clueless how to play wingback.

My thoughts exactly when I saw his name on the team sheet. He's already said he's not signing another contract. So why play him?

When i'm playing football manager, the last thing I would do is play a youth player with 2* ability who wants overtly leave. The only excuse I can see for playing him is the fact that he would stay if given the responsibility on occasions like this, if he doesnt, then its a really bad decision from pep.

My thoughts exactly when I saw his name on the team sheet. He's already said he's not signing another contract. So why play him?

Pep giving him as much experience as possible before they both go back to Barca next season.

I'm joking of course...

I don't know what game most of you watched, maybe you've all soured on him coz he wants out, but he was BY FAR out best defender today.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure there is any player I can say was better than him tonight.

He's the only one who was on point with reading the game. Walker and Dihno looked like clueless newbies on the first goal. The only man who picked up the danger early was Eric. And he (of little speed) chased his man down and tackled h only to have Walker and Dihno saying looksie.

On numerous occasions he won 1 v 1 and intercepted like 3 crosses. He was also the only one using the ball positively of the defenders.

Different class to the rest tonight. Perhaps Pep should have played him by himself. As the others didn't deserve to be on the field with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.