#50 | Eric García - 2020/21 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was 'good' about his game ?

For instance, I recall very few decent Porto attacks, but I do recall Garcia started one of them by roaming forward, giving the ball away then appealing for offside, 15 yards in their half.

What's good about that ?

Was he as dangerously bad & disruptive as usual ? No.

Did he do anything Alan Kernaghan or Darren Wassell couldn't have done ? No.

Did he have any right to be there ? No.

Recently it seems like they have but when did they start trying? I don't remember anything say, 18mths ago when he wasn't really known.
On a number of occasions the extension was talked about by both and speculated to be close/prioritized, I remember even last December a lucrative extension was in the media - when I read that, I thought well he won't be returning anytime soon

I still believe COVID had an impact on his career choice. You could see the disappointment in Pep's face when he first broke the news he wouldn't renew back in August

A lot of people have been calling him out before he even mentioned the contract issue.
Yes he is slow and has next to no physical attributes to make in the Prem as a CB.

If he was so highly rated we would have signed him to a contract, why did we let it run into the final 12mths? We didn't do it with Foden as an example.
doesn't matter how good the player is or how much we rate them ,if the player doesn't want to sign an extension there's not a lot we can do, as for people calling him out ,not a lot were, however since the contract issue there has been a ground swell of "experts" telling us how shit he is, despite, city Spain and barca all wanting the lad.

On a number of occasions the extension was talked about by both and speculated to be close/prioritized, I remember even last December a lucrative extension was in the media - when I read that, I thought well he won't be returning anytime soon

I still believe COVID had an impact on his career choice. You could see the disappointment in Pep's face when he first broke the news he wouldn't renew back in August
Last December he had already made his debut and was around the first team, as I said, we didn't get him locked up early so he clearly wasn't a priority or we just presumed he would and let it slip which is partly why Txiki and Pep are probably annoyed.

As I have said, I couldn't care less if he stayed. He is not a long term solution to our defence and we would have bought anyway. Now he is leaving however he shouldn't be in the match day squad and certainly not getting game time.

Never be a top class centre back as long as he’s got a hole in his arse. Reminds me of Nastasic people were raving about him because he was young and could pass a ball. Same limitations that will and have already been found out a few times.

Only difference is this kids from Barca. Wouldn’t fall for the must be good if Barça want him line either as their defence is currently abysmal when attacked and they’re skint.
You fell for the anti Barca prejudice without much effort.

Nothing against Barca but their defence is shite.
Ok! but you mention Barca twice in 4 lines in a post about Garcia's ability.
Garcia is not part of Barca's current "abysmal" defence so cannot be blamed for that, as a Spanish international it is only logical that they would see him as an upgrade to what they have and they have known of his qualities since he was a kid.

garcia,if he had signed a new contract wouldn't be getting the shit he's getting, he is not slow, his passing is excellent for a CB, he reads the game well, and will get better and better in my opinion, he hasn't let us down too much on the pitch for a young player, of course i would of liked him to sign a new contract, but he's 20 years old and a full international, pep ,barca and the spanish management team seem to like him, but the experts on bluemoon dont rate him, mmm wonder which ones i should listen too.
On this one I'll listen to you, a good post. It would have been dishonest of him to sign a contract knowing that he wanted to go home. Things change quickly in football and if he signed and City management changed he might have felt trapped.

A lot of people have been calling him out before he even mentioned the contract issue.
Yes he is slow and has next to no physical attributes to make in the Prem as a CB.

If he was so highly rated we would have signed him to a contract, why did we let it run into the final 12mths? We didn't do it with Foden as an example.
There have to be at least 2 parties to a contract. Even City cannot impose a contract on whoever they want, whenever they want. Behind the scenes there are probably numerous top European players offered contracts who have declined to accept. We are becoming "entitled" if we think a player has to sign because of who we are.

Last December he had already made his debut and was around the first team, as I said, we didn't get him locked up early so he clearly wasn't a priority or we just presumed he would and let it slip which is partly why Txiki and Pep are probably annoyed.

As I have said, I couldn't care less if he stayed. He is not a long term solution to our defence and we would have bought anyway. Now he is leaving however he shouldn't be in the match day squad and certainly not getting game time.
Could you maybe avoid the term "locked up", our owners get enough shit from Delooney and his pals without suggesting they lock up players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.