#50 | Eric García - 2020/21 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca weren't exactly lacking in that position when their new manager - some fraud called Pep ;-) - signed Pique. Puyol and Marquez were hardly duds.
Without the rose tinted specs none in the same class as Vidic and Ferdinand though. Barca were that good even Yaya got away with playing their! Obviously totally agree the rags dropped a bollock letting him go so cheap. To be fair we don’t really have much choice and luckily Garcia is very average and we have 4 relatively young centre backs that all have better attributes than he’ll ever have.

garcia,if he had signed a new contract wouldn't be getting the shit he's getting, he is not slow, his passing is excellent for a CB, he reads the game well, and will get better and better in my opinion, he hasn't let us down too much on the pitch for a young player, of course i would of liked him to sign a new contract, but he's 20 years old and a full international, pep ,barca and the spanish management team seem to like him, but the experts on bluemoon dont rate him, mmm wonder which ones i should listen too.

Let's hope Garcia doesn't turn out to be a late developer like Pique. Their timelines are very similar, both signed from Barca at 16/17 and made limited first team appearances for their new clubs. Rags I knew at the time were quite happy to get £5m from Barca for Pique, that deal didn't age well.
Pique is about 6ft 5” and so can be dominant in the air. Garcia doesn’t have that to fall back on either as he’s very poor aerially.

He might be a better fit in La Liga given the speed of the game and physicality is slightly lower, but here he’s by some distance our 5th best first team centre back, and if we’d given some of his opportunities to THB, maybe even 6th.

We should’ve sold him in the summer and we should be selling him in January.

Pep seems to be playing Garcia more since Garcia put in for a move. Maybe I am just overthinking it?

garcia,if he had signed a new contract wouldn't be getting the shit he's getting, he is not slow, his passing is excellent for a CB, he reads the game well, and will get better and better in my opinion, he hasn't let us down too much on the pitch for a young player, of course i would of liked him to sign a new contract, but he's 20 years old and a full international, pep ,barca and the spanish management team seem to like him, but the experts on bluemoon dont rate him, mmm wonder which ones i should listen too.
A lot of people have been calling him out before he even mentioned the contract issue.
Yes he is slow and has next to no physical attributes to make in the Prem as a CB.

If he was so highly rated we would have signed him to a contract, why did we let it run into the final 12mths? We didn't do it with Foden as an example.

I thought we were all over porto the other day until crap eric gave the ball away twice then struggled with their centre forward which gave porto encouragement and it took us 10 minutes to regain control (in which they nearly scored). Same thing happened against west ham and it cost us.

He's a feeble centre half and his passing is way over-egged by some. That said I didn't mind him starting against porto too much because it meant we could rest players and I don't care if he gets injured. Not sure I'll feel the same if he starts against Olympiakos, depending on how it pans out

A lot of people have been calling him out before he even mentioned the contract issue.
Yes he is slow and has next to no physical attributes to make in the Prem as a CB.

If he was so highly rated we would have signed him to a contract, why did we let it run into the final 12mths? We didn't do it with Foden as an example.
why would we have signed him to a contract if he doesn’t want to stay and go home

why would we have signed him to a contract if he doesn’t want to stay and go home
Up until this year I dont think there was any indication he wanted to leave. People on here are saying hes class and City rate him so highly. If that was the case we would have locked him up earlier than letting it run imo

Up until this year I dont think there was any indication he wanted to leave. People on here are saying hes class and City rate him so highly. If that was the case we would have locked him up earlier than letting it run imo

Not like Txiki & Pep haven't tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.