Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t punish him or anyone for that matter. He’s reiterated that countless times before in relation to all players who do not want to be with him: leave. Garcia is no different. That’s professional courtesy. At the same time, you seem to downplay the discourtesy your club has shown him. From an outsider, it appears unnecessarily disrespectful to him, and I can perhaps understand why he will continue his international odyssey after his time with us.

It’s interesting, there’s renewed speculation that Laporta is not only preparing for the election but that he intends to recruit Pep’s return. I am skeptical but the links suggesting it is possible are not unreliable

It’s interesting, there’s renewed speculation that Laporta is not only preparing for the election but that he intends to recruit Pep’s return. I am skeptical but the links suggesting it is possible are not unreliable
Elections are coming up and they're all making unrealistic promises in order to get the top job. If you were a proper Barca fan (not the plastic one you appear to be) you'd have seen all of this before and dismissed it out of hand. Instead you seem to believe every word they say, it's almost as if you're just a wum (and not a very good one at that).

Pep may go back home years down the line to manage the youth setup, but I highly doubt he'd manage the 1st team again and subject himself to that poisonous nest of back stabbing snakes.

If you were Garcia & had been sold the idea that you were to be 'the future' at another club, so turned down a contract at a fantastic club, what would you think, when your new employers were happy to leave you in the reserves for a year, because they value you below 15 million quid ?

And if Barca had a Manchester lad, who we had told we wanted to build our future around, would we then be arguing about spending a bit more than 15 mil to get him over here, before he changes his mind ?

If Barca really rate him, then they will pay up.

If they won't pay up, he ought to realise they are bulshitting him.

Elections are coming up and they're all making unrealistic promises in order to get the top job. If you were a proper Barca fan (not the plastic one you appear to be) you'd have seen all of this before and dismissed it out of hand. Instead you seem to believe every word they say, it's almost as if you're just a wum (and not a very good one at that).

Pep may go back home years down the line to manage the youth setup, but I highly doubt he'd manage the 1st team again and subject himself to that poisonous nest of back stabbing snakes.

Key here is appears. I do not take innuendo/rumours as gospel, I have been around long enough to distinguish the difference along with recognizing which sources have credibility/authenticity. It's precisely how I jumped on the Eric Garcia story when there was no story about his return

It's a long shot and Pep has previously said it will not happen. Laporta has a habit of promising the moon but there's no question if Pep would ever consider a return it'd only be with Laporta. We'll see but I am not optimistic

I rather doubt that will happen. Football is cyclical, and when all great clubs fall into decline, there’s inevitably a call from fans of such to restore things to that age, back to the way things were. This entire thread is testimony of that. You are unhappy with things as they are and instead want a team built around a core of young boys who are products of your academy, preferably led by Catalans. It’s what brought you success before so why not again? Alas, the world has moved on and that model is unlikely to be repeated, even were Guardiola at the helm and even if you could unearth the next Messi.

Guardiola has now managed outside Barcelona longer than he ever did in Catalonia. He’s the epitome of the modern international man. I expect him to leave here, sooner rather and later, and imagine that his next project will be to try to win the World Cup with Brazil; he always wants to work with the best players and they produce more of them. Ultimately, however, I think he’ll stick with the CFG group, which will offer enormous possibilities around the world, and live and work from the United States.

I agree, I do not see it happening for much the same reasons you state. He can never better what he accomplished in the 1st team with the 6 cups but then they did say similar about Zidane.

However, I do not agree that he will end up living in the US as an arm of CFG, he will return home

I agree, I do not see it happening for much the same reasons you state. He can never better what he accomplished in the 1st team with the 6 cups but then they did say similar about Zidane.

However, I do not agree that he will end up living in the US as an arm of CFG, he will return home

Zidane merely manages an assemblage of expensive players, Guardiola is a philosophy and spirit that belongs to the world. The world is his home. ;-)

Been patently clear I am not talking about the fee number, I am talking about the threat of punishment used as leverage
The punishment for young Eric is coming to that ageing shower I wonder when the manager gets sacked tomorrow if the new guy will fancy him ah well take conciliation from the fact that if slow Eric was playing it would’ve been 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.