Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to be that guy. We've all said stupid shit in the past. It's glaringly obvious what's happened here and it's pretty embarrassing. Before the summer he was a top prospect who was about to sign a new contract. Now he's past it. A defender for past eras.

I've been honest about him all along & said I'm not convinced he'd make a centre back but may be a def mid.

Since he was unfairly promoted to the first team ahead of others, I think he's been total shit & he would never have played if he wasn't from Barca & Puyol wasn't his agent.

Harwood Bellis is younger has barely played for months on end & there is little to choose between them, even though Garcia has been a first team regular. He's nowhere near first team level at present, either.

Doyle & Delap were both better in their positions than Garcia tonight.

He has no right to have been fast tracked ahead of other kids, many of whom never even got 1 game for City.

I've been honest about him all along & said I'm not convinced he'd make a centre back but may be a def mid.

Since he was unfairly promoted to the first team ahead of others, I think he's been total shit & he would never have played if he wasn't from Barca & Puyol wasn't his agent.

Harwood Bellis is younger has barely played for months on end & there is little to choose between them, even though Garcia has been a first team regular. He's nowhere near first team level at present, either.

Doyle & Delap were both better in their positions than Garcia tonight.

He has no right to have been fast tracked ahead of other kids, many of whom never even got 1 game for City.

I have to agree. I slag him off all the time because I just don't see it with him. I don't see where he's good at, I can't remember a single 'good' appearance from him. I don't think he'll ever become decent and I'll bite your hand off for 18m right now.

He's just not good at anything. He's short, unphysical and gets bullied in the air all the time, doesn't jump terribly high and isn't a dominant header of the ball. He's pretty slow, so in terms of physical attributes, he's got barely anything. Okay, plenty of great defenders didn't have the physicality on their side, so what? Well, he's just not a very good defender. He makes basic errors constantly, reacts VERY SLOWLY to everything that's going on, doesn't know where to position himself. I just don't see a single quality of his that I can say "That's special".

Compare him to foden, same age, promoted around the same team. Foden? Best player on the pitch tonight. In fact, best player on the pitch most times he play.

garcia? One of the worse.

So hes gone from baresi to phil jones overnight some of the comments on here are laughable and frankly embarassing.
You're literally missing the entire point which is this is absolutely NOT "overnight". Who the hell said he was baresi before? I've been criticising him for months. It has been very clear for a while that he's not up to the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.