Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I romanticise this aspect of my club no less than your coach does
Oh no, you are very different people. You sound like the Spanish bayern to me, arrogant and contemptuous. Pep is a very decent grounded man; he doesn’t court players of other clubs via the media, not like rat infested clubs such as Barcelona and Bayern. Don’t fucking lecture us, your clubs morals and standards are a lot fucking lower than us. Why is it that all the “history clubs” are arrogant classless wankers?

Last edited:
Are you actually arguing that Barca is the only club who has youth players who want to play for the first team?

If that's what you concluded from my post, nothing to say really

I’m pretty sure it was De Jong and De Lijt’s dream to play for Ajax. They did that, won trophies and then moved on for more money. If the Dutch league had the money and quality of La Liga then they might have stayed at Ajax.

Footballer's dreams fulfilled at 19 years of age? Hard to take a comment like that seriously, you must be having a laugh. Plus, De Jong played for Ajax but he is not a youth product of their famed academy. De Ligt, however, who indeed is a cantera kid whose dream it was to play for Ajax first team but was too big a player to have his pinnacle there - I guess by your logic the rest of his career (15 years or more) is a step down

I also never said that Barca will drop to mid-table mediocrity. There seems to be a theme from United at their peak and Barca that their players were/are more loyal than any other players. It’s as if Barca and United were not offering insane amounts of money and challenging for trophies. The two things players desire above all else.

Make no mistakes, if Barca went on a sustained run of finishing mid-table and paying moderate wages, all of their top talents would be off in a shot regardless of whether they came through the academy.

Make no mistake, you did

IF Barca were similar to Athletic in the league position and finances then there is no way your best players would have stayed. That’s a fact.

You're obviously not familiar with the difference between an opinion based on hypotheticals and fact

Again, you’re missing my argument. I’m agreeing with you that Barca has one of the best academies in the world. You’re the one unable to accept that any other club has played a key role in the development of a former Barca youth player.

I agree, I am missing it

I also did not make the broad generalization you posted either

I don't know why you're being a smart arse, I'm just saying that it's not as if every player who grew up in Barcelona sits staring out of rainy windows, fantasising about a return as a single tear rolls down their cheek.

Name a single Catalan player who came through La Masia to make it big in football away from the club that did not eventually try to return? Just one

Name a single Catalan player who came through La Masia to make it big in football away from the club that did not eventually try to return? Just one

Thiago Alcantara and Alex Grimaldo came through the academy but if you're keeping this strictly Catalan then I guess Hector Bellerin who seems to love London.

Arteta, Icardi.

Thiago Alcantara and Alex Grimaldo came through the academy but if you're keeping this strictly Catalan then I guess Hector Bellerin who seems to love London.

Thiago & Grimaldo are not Catalan, both were pushed out. Bellerin is not a player who has made it big in the game much less become a coveted player,

Thiago & Grimaldo are not Catalan, both were pushed out. Bellerin is not a player who has made it big in the game much less become a coveted player,

I knew you'd take a while to think up a caveat.

Bellerin was coveted by both us and Barcelona about two or three years ago and he seemed to show absolutely no interest in leaving Arsenal.

But, of course, "we didn't want him anyway".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.