Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I really want to see Tosin back and given a chance.

If we still buy another CB, then Tosin as 4th choice seems good to me.

I am of course assuming Stones and Otamendi are sold.

I like Garcia good footballer but has faults more easily exposed in the way we play a high line and the competiveness of the Epl. I has a nagging feeling he was being played to keep him away from Barcelona. I still think Stones alongside someone other than Otamendi can still do a job.

No doubt City has been planning for this and maybe Garcia didn't fancy the challenge of another player coming in for direct competition. He would have known that there is little respite playing that position for City and he won't get exposed as much in La Liga

Good luck to him, I am sure he will be replaced by someone better suited if that is where we are going. It does offer a lifeline to Stones, let's see if he can get his game and confidence back to what it was a few years ago

It's pretty simple, if not sad, the sporting direction under this board is an abomination - particularly in terms of La Masia, it has been decimated over the past decade. Eric leaving was my 2nd most disappointing cantera loss, the first being Grimaldo

I can't envision the cost being more than 10M, nor should it be considering he was developed primarily at Barca

Respectfully, that has fuck all to do with anything.

Harwood Bellis and Tosin are big guys, that’s about it. Literally nothing suggests they have the same quality as Garcia.
I think thats short sighted on THB. He looked fantastic pre season and exactly a Pep type defender. He played the ball out brilliantly and confidently. Obviously pre season but he has the tools.

Blue tinted specs in this thread.

If he announced he was staying, it would be he's got potential to be brilliant, star in the making, only gonna get better.

Now he's leaving it's, he's not currently good enough.

To be fair, he's not currently good enough. That's why he would be fourth choice next season. I'd still much rather have him at the back than Stones or Otamendi but that's not saying anything.

Bit of a dick move. We gave him a career and now he’s leaving and Barca is broke, so we’ll probably get an awful fee. Anyways I’ve always thought Harwood-Bellis is the bigger talent. Tosin could also be worth a shout

Another player tapped up by one of the cartel franchises (refuse to call them clubs)

Let's get some players in now who actually want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.