Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to make a cogent argument against both of these posts but then I thought, fuck it, you're both idiots and not worth the effort.
So you just put that? Nice. How is losing young talent that other to other top teams a positive?

So you just put that? Nice. How is losing young talent that other to other top teams a positive?
What needs sorting?

Garcia, hasn't left yet so bollocks until he does.

Sancho, Pep was leading him on the right path and he decided to do it his own way. Pep wasn't going to drop a senior player and play a 17yr old. Sancho is tearing up the bundesliga because its shite. Lets see how good he is when he leaves.

Sane, off the back of a 12mth cruciate and turned down multiple contract offers and supposedly now joined Bayern for twice what we offered. Factor in he is German, his mum looks to have brokered the deal and he is going to Bayern. Failing to see what more we could have done here.

Trouble is these players need to progress and if they see it’s almost impossible to break into the first team they are then gonna want to move elsewhere, that’s the position city have created.

Trouble is these players need to progress and if they see it’s almost impossible to break into the first team they are then gonna want to move elsewhere, that’s the position city have created.
But also you are only as good as your squad , so for example Gundogan a German international who is mainly second choice and probably happy with that then gets replaced by Tommy Doyle
I can guarantee he would be off
The squad is weakened, if you are a young player and good enough you will get a chance
If you choose to leave so be it
City are now a trophy machine and want the best available if we bring a couple through great if not we sell them and the money buys a star and pays for the training and development
That’s the model and that’s how most clubs operate
Sancho wasn’t our youth player we hovered him up from Watford

Would be incredibly disappointing if we did lose him, but he's a Barcelona fan so this is always going to be an issue.

Whilst the temptation for Eric to return to his home will always be strong, we have to demonstrate to him that there are better sporting reasons to stay at City - and I believe we have a very strong argument here. Barca are in a mess, from the boardroom through the Management and into to the first team - and although Laporta is manoeuvring with a 'dream team' composed of legends from the Club's recent history, none of that is in any way guaranteed.

In there here and now, I believe City are the better sporting option than Barca. We just need to convince Eric of the same.

If the guy wants to commit a career suicide by returning to that mess of a club, it's his loss.
We'll probably see him playing for Villarreal or Sociedad in 3-4 years if that's the case

What needs sorting?

Garcia, hasn't left yet so bollocks until he does.

Sancho, Pep was leading him on the right path and he decided to do it his own way. Pep wasn't going to drop a senior player and play a 17yr old. Sancho is tearing up the bundesliga because its shite. Lets see how good he is when he leaves.

Sane, off the back of a 12mth cruciate and turned down multiple contract offers and supposedly now joined Bayern for twice what we offered. Factor in he is German, his mum looks to have brokered the deal and he is going to Bayern. Failing to see what more we could have done here.

spot on

nothing that the club could do with Sancho and esp Sane

Garcia has been getting game time and therefore that accusation cannot be leveled at Pep/the club on this one. He was getting game time pre shut down as well (although only little bits -but it was building)

If Barca want him - they should be made to pay throught he nose and the club should give Garcia a deadline - sign here or you are on the transfer list and let the bidding commence.

I think this comes down to simple economics and how much he wants to go back home. He has not played many games, he could still flop. What is he worth? To us where we need CBs as the ones we have are getting on and we trust him to do a job he is worth a lot. What is he worth to Barca - they dont have much money and they are is desperate need to replace ageing players with ones that will come in and make a big impact. My gut feel is there valuation is less than ours by quiet a long way. So the prospect of a deal this summer is low, very low. But the other factor is does he sign an extension. How much do we want to offer in wages to sign him up long term and does he take it knowing Barca want him and he could sit out whatever is left and go on a free. That is a very real prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.