Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, they would rather not pay over the odds for him now but wait until his contract expires. If they do have to pay for him, however, then they want to use players in any deal rather than money, which is understandable given their much-publicized financial difficulties. Not convinced we'd be interested in such an arrangement, so if he's unwilling to commit with us, I can foresee us selling him.

From what I've read, they would rather not pay over the odds for him now but wait until his contract expires. If they do have to pay for him, however, then they want to use players in any deal rather than money, which is understandable given their much-publicized financial difficulties. Not convinced we'd be interested in such an arrangement, so if he's unwilling to commit with us, I can foresee us selling him.

Would we not accept a Umtiti (if we can make him have his surgery) or Todibo in exchange for Garcia?

Umtiti .....
TysMvfQ.gif

Would we not accept a Umtiti (if we can make him have his surgery) or Todibo in exchange for Garcia?

In such instances, I always ask one question: would we be interested in signing that player anyway? In the cited examples, I’m not sure we would. Umtiti has had 5 absences for knee injuries in recent years, amongst others, and I believe Everton are showing an interest in Todibo, which suggests he may be at that level. One of the reasons Barcelona want Garcia is that their current centre halves are patently unreliable, so I’d be disinclined to help them in that regard.

Given Barca’s much discussed financial problems it would be a horrendous business decision for them to buy Garcia at this moment in time. He’s not ready yet, he’s getting game time here because of our issues in that position.

If Barca bring him back they’ll expect him to be ready made but he’d need a few years to develop into the player they want him to be so it’s better for them to just woo him and encourage him to leave on a free once his contracts up.

Even the usual benefit of bringing a kid in early to give them time to acclimatise isn’t necessary seeing as he’s come through their academy and right now being at City with Pep is a better place to teach him “the Barca way” than Barca itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.