Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant blame him. Hes sat and watched Fernandinho, Stones and Nico play ahead of him all season. Id leave.

Have you watched a single game he played? His vision, tackles, interceptions. He is three levels above John Stones. They can’t even compare. Why else would Pep start him ahead of a fit Stones? He made the backline better immediately.
Can’t head, got no pace. Too small and not physically strong enough. Who mentioned John stones, he’s not good enough either, so he’s better than no one at the club and with what’s due to arrive, the contract offer would of reflected the fact he’d only play in cup games, do you understand football.

Not really no, he's a good prospect, but is he a better prospect or as suited to the premier league as Harwood Bellis I don't think he is. Might give Harwood Bellis and Tosin more room to develop.

Harwood Bellis and Tosin are big guys, that’s about it. Literally nothing suggests they have the same quality as Garcia.

Sell now. Mustn't represent the club now except in an emergency.
Have to agree & I’d give THB his place in the squad....call it spitting the dummy, cutting ones nose off etc etc but I only want players who want to commit to the club, people may compare it to Pep not extending or VK surprising everybody & going on a high, and there is other examples, but I can’t agree with that, the club put the ball in his court, gave him pitch time & a contract offer, he wants something else so we move on ala Sane/Torres scenario, maybe Ake was his direct replacement ? That’s two young lads turning down Champions league winning medals!

You won’t be getting him for 10m, that much is certain.

If this was always his intention he’s going to cost your club millions which could have been saved. Although, now he can command a much higher wage compared to the alternative had he stayed in the first place.

Certain contract expires in 2022, wrong
Certain player will sign City extension by end of month (July), wrong

There's a pattern there, at best nothing is certain. Moreover, a player developed at the buying club who can sign for free in 4 months is not going to be leaving for a huge fee after the coach effectively said he is gone. There is no leverage, only the will of those involved to get a deal done. Perhaps some incentive laden fee to reward Pep & City but up front cash won't likely exceed 10M

Blue tinted specs in this thread.

If he announced he was staying, it would be he's got potential to be brilliant, star in the making, only gonna get better.

Now he's leaving it's, he's not currently good enough.

Lots of people very upset that a 19 year old from Barcelona is interested in playing for Barcelona. I thought he wasn't good enough anyway? If we get a good fee whats the big deal?
Exactly, I suspect this was his plan all along and he’ll now be getting a very nice contract when he heads home. It’ll certainly be more money than he would have been offered by them had he never left.

Have you watched a single game he played? His vision, tackles, interceptions. He is three levels above John Stones. They can’t even compare. Why else would Pep start him ahead of a fit Stones? He made the backline better immediately.

I agree that he did but has to be said he was competing with a very low expectation. Stones and Otamendi have looked actively harmful to the team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.