Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep and co really need to focus on the local lads. They need more chances

Agree to an extent. However, I think there’s more raw talent in the favelas and villas of South America, which is where we should be looking. They’re hungrier to achieve and when you come from there, you don’t want to go back.

Does publicly stating a player wants to leave and does not want to sign a contract helps City in anyway. I know it would have been a known thing inside a club but gives a negative vibe to the situation before a very important match.

he has said he doesnt want to stay, there is only one club he wants to go to, he will go there. we will get a smallish transfer fee 10 million, risin to 20 million.
barcelona will be taking a punt on a player with promise, but unproven, it is not one of the more complicated scenarios.

Why would we let him go for cheap when we'd get that in a year or so automatically?

This is Barcelona who pay Griezmann 800k a week or 130mil to give Coutinho a loan career. They can afford a fair wedge. And they charged us 17mil for Bravo ffs, don't let him go underpriced.

It's not exactly as if we're losing the next Kompany is it, he hasn't got THAT much potential. And if he reaches a good level I'm sure City will insert a low buy back clause.

Does publicly stating a player wants to leave and does not want to sign a contract helps City in anyway. I know it would have been a known thing inside a club but gives a negative vibe to the situation before a very important match.

Let’s everyone understand why he’s not in the squad tomorrow and gets it out of the way, perhaps.

Wasn’t good enough to make the squad for the first leg, and any injury might jeopardise his imminent sale, so for me he shouldn’t even make the bench.

That one of our brightest young prospects wants to leave?

Pep thought he was good enough at aged 19 to play ahead of Stones and Otamendi.
And Ferna.....Genuine question, would he of played as much if we’d had a season like the previous two? Covid & the mainly dead rubber nature of our league games gave him a great platform, not to mention some easy-ish fixtures, fwiw I thought him being in the side affected Walker who looked like he didn’t quite trust him, Arteta certainly knew where to target in the semi

I await the coverage of this being how we lose kids because we don't give them a chance...

Whereas he did his chance but has just decided to go elsewhere.

So whilst it won't stop people from knocking us and our youth plan it's not a bad advertisement at all. He broke through, was a first team player and has gotten a move to Barcelona.

Whilst I don't agree with his decision it's not painted us in a bad light.

Although I can already name the usual suspects even on here that will cry and moan and already have the u14s CBs in the squad next season...
I'm not sure i really agree here. Unless its a Covid decision then i imagine he thought at the start of this season he would feature more. Then Laporte is out for the season he thinks now is my chance and he starts 2 games up until the covid break. Only once football returned did pep give him a chance and i wonder how much of that had to do with Pep knowing he was considering leaving. For me, his mind was probably made up this season at his lack of football pre covid and the pull of going back to barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.