Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure.

I'm definitely not advocating making Tosin or HB automatic startes for next season - just giving them the opportunities Garcia would have got.

If we go with Koulibaly, Laporte, Ake, Tosin and HB for next year, I'd be happy with that. Garcia was going to provide rotation on the right side in our lesser games, so give those opportunities to the Academy lads.

Stones and Otamendi are done, for very different reasons - we need to move on from them both next year.

It's unfortunate that there is no pre season, so it's even more difficult for the kids, especially as the new defenders will be short of time to learn our methods.

Which makes me think Stones might just get a reprieve.

does pep play him against madrid?

Difficult. If he drops him now then he is looking for a partnership to get through to the final. My guess is that is between Stones and Fernandinho. My guess is that Stones / Otamendi have both been told to find a new club. So Fernandinho is the choice if he wants to change it.

If he plays him then might as well play him to the end.

i was going to quote your summary of Tosin a few years back, But as you have seemingly changed your stance, i shall not embarrass you.

I think Tosin has all the attributes needed to be a real top cb. But he has to do it on the pitch & learn the game, as does Garcia, without those attributes.

So no embarrassment from me.

It's unfortunate that there is no pre season, so it's even more difficult for the kids, especially as the new defenders will be short of time to learn our methods.

Which makes me think Stones might just get a reprieve.

Yeah - you're spot on about this year making it more difficult. The pre-season, which Pep genuinely attaches a lot of importance to, is gone - so we'd need to be pretty confident they were good to go otherwise I fear you might be right on Stones.

The thought of watching his continued public meltdown unfold before our eyes on a slow drip game after game is hardly something to inspire excitement for next season.

For his own good, I think he needs a move where the pressure isn't so great, and he can get his shit together out of the constant glare of challenging at the top.

This is interesting. Pol Ballus is basically saying here that he won't move this summer unless Barca pay up. We're thinking about him as equivalent to Ferran Torres, so 23m + add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.