Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is performing best in training, plays. If it's Garcia, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho or Harwood-Bellis, who cares.

Me tbh.

I think we should have been playing proper cb pairings & THB in the dead games rather than farting around with Garcia.

For me, he would only play from now on if everyone else was injured.

I'm sure if Garcia plays he will want to knock Real out.

However, we now know for sure the rumours are true and Barca have well a truly tapped him up so I'd generally sideline him and focus on guys who intend to stay. Ideally, we'll do a deal with Barca this summer.

I'm already on record as saying that I'd rather keep Stones so not too concerned over Garcia's decision. Just hope we get another top quality CB signed and have whoever that is, Stones, LaPorte and Ake as our main guys.
Yeah I can understand that, ideally I wanted both to stay. Now it gives us the opportunity to really look at Adaradiayo and Harwood-Bellis, someone leaving always creates an opportunity for another player. I could understand us bringing in another CB now as well, although I don't think it's entirely necessary, there's definitely a stronger case for it.

No issues with him wanting to leave, not every single player is going to want to stay here for life, we’ve been spoiled in the last decade but we have to accept players don’t always want the same as what the club wants.

At least he’s not dicking us around stalling on an answer. Been saying since his breakthrough his pace and physique isn’t suited for CB, particularly not in this league, he was exposed numerous times post lockdown and unless he finds a growth spurt, a new level of speed and a year in the gym bulking up that’s going to remain an issue. could have developed into a very useful squad player for us but I don’t see him as future starter for us or Barca so the loss isn’t overly difficult to take.

No more special treatment getting games because we want to encourage him to stay, he’s currently not good enough to be playing for us, he’s not currently better than stones, Otamendi or Fernandinho and with no future benefit of tying him down to a long contract there’s no reason to play him against Madrid. THB to step ahead of him for next season if he isn’t sold, just a shame this 5subs rule isn’t sticking around, his opportunities for minutes could have been far greater.

Barca surely aren’t going to come in for him this summer, I said this last week, he’s not ready to play for them regularly right now so as long as they’re confident he’ll sign for them on a free it makes no sense not to wait for a year given their financial issues.

phewwwww..... the guy thinks hes the next best thing since slice bread. Bollocks, no loss from our sides. Bang average and he wont be an exceptional defender mark my words. He will be another Puyol. Energy. Passion but no skill.

I’d actually say he’s the complete opposite of Puyol. Not energetic or aggressive, but has skill and a great brain. Again, the opposite of Puyol

I'm sure if Garcia plays he will want to knock Real out.

However, we now know for sure the rumours are true and Barca have well a truly tapped him up so I'd generally sideline him and focus on guys who intend to stay. Ideally, we'll do a deal with Barca this summer.

I'm already on record as saying that I'd rather keep Stones so not too concerned over Garcia's decision. Just hope we get another top quality CB signed and have whoever that is, Stones, LaPorte and Ake as our main guys.

Pep will know if Stones is viable or not.

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
We’re a far better run club than you are and will decide the price that is acceptable to us. Either way, you have more than enough money with the brand spanking new 800m loan.

Reactions: CC1
If you don't rate him, you're entitled to your opinion. My post was in response to questioning the lads integrity and professionalism which is completely different.

I do rate him, actually, though as a prospect and certainly not the player I’d trust in our most important game. I agree that it’s not a question of integrity but business, which was the closing point being made by the poster to whom you were responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.