Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with the player wanting to leave but I find the valuation madness. Quite frankly our asking price is far too low, let alone 10m. He’s a teenager who has managed to crack the rotation of a top 5 club in the world. If we were trying to buy him there’s no way he’s be 10m or 20m. If he’s the future at CB for Barca then they should be willing to pay. There are very few top CBs in football these days and their valuations have sky rocketed as a result. Eric is not at that level so he does not warrant those top fees but we should not be giving him away simply because there’s 1 year left on his contract.

I’d be fine for the club to forgo the money and let him leave on a free. I would not support burying him in the reserves as that would send a negative message to other youth players but there’s a bit of a worrying trend developing for our leadership where players are giving enough signals that they’ll renew that we don’t sell early then we get this expiring contract nonsense. We do need to signal to their agents that there are negative consequences to playing the game that way.

Finally I’ve generally found FCBarca to be reasonable around here but I think you’re in for a rude awakening when Messi does finally exit. You can go on and on about the allure of the canters but I think much of that allure has been the prospect of earning top wages while competing at the top level with maybe the best to ever play. Let’s see about the pull of La Masia when he’s gone and especially if Barca fall in level just a little bit.

Guess who else remains a Barca fan, your coach
Many thanks for not taking on board any of my points and responding with the blindingly obvious like a 5 year old in the playground.

You said yourself that the Barca board are awful. Our own club was run terribly for decades. I was still a fan, but I wouldn’t sell them a player on the cheap if I were in that position.

There is a Northern England saying from a period you may not be aware of. Bumming off yer mates. That’s essentially what you’re saying but dressing it up like some strange Catalan cult.

I’m just pleased Glasgow Celtic are shit, otherwise you’d be on here as a fully paid up member of the Scottish National Party you weirdo.

I’ve read some strange stuff on this thread, most of it from you. But some from others about us poaching Garcia from you, and he is “poached” back we’re “outraged”. That’s not the case from my perspective or many others I know. For some reason Garcia decided to swap your academy for ours. I don’t know and neither do you. He slowly began training with the first team and eventually got some games and now has had a handful of games regularly. He hasn’t “made it”. He could be anything. Carlos Puyol as you assert, or just as likely (50/50 I would say) disappear to the lower leagues in a couple of seasons. Our attitude is “what the fuck is that all about!”

On the one hand you are convinced Eric Garcia is the second coming of Jesus, but you want him for £10 million because he’s a Barcelona lad and you have “mates” here.

I never knew Barcelona were so desperate, needy, classless and pathetic. If you rate him so highly, pay the going rate. The price City have asked is still very low if he’s a good as you believe he is.

Guess who else remains a Barca fan, your coach

I think pep has a great respect for all his previous clubs, and his present one. He certainly will never be slagging mcfc. He has loved his time at City, we have loved having him. I think he would be a little embarrassed at some of your comments.

Agreed. But again, it's the cantera aspect - it's not a minor aspect of this transfer. Moreover, there is a real risk of widening a chasm between Pep & Barca if negotiations are drawn out or acrimonious. Won't matter the least to City fans but not the case for cules and I wager Pep as well
Yeah yeah ,he is here and doing what is best for us,get over your fucking self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.