Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Txiki offered an extension last year and player did not accept so yes it started more than a year ago since City would be foolish not to have approached the player sooner considering he was entering into the final year of his contract

CAS distraction may not have helped but I doubt very much this played a factor in it. As I have said before, cantera players (Especially Catalan ones) always think about returning and I suspect COVID/confinement played into it as well. Either way, the first rumour linking the player to a return was initiated by the player first by leaking his interest to local media. And as I have also said, that is a prerequisite for a player that effectively left via the back door that wants to return - they must publicly show an interest to return.

In Eric's case, he did it in a very indirect/subtle way but it ramped up after that leak within weeks

I have seen no reports an offer was made as far back as last year. Both of us can only go off what is in the public realm, and speculate off that, selectively believing what sits right with us. Neither can know. Both make some sense, for me one makes more.

What i would say, with best intentions, it is clear thet tolmie on here has links to the club and contacts that matter, and i see no agenda other than sharing what he feels is fine to with other blues. So his saying the club felt garcia was as good as signed will probably carry more weight than random twitter claims. I personally beleive that, and there have been other rumours similar. Perhaps why the club didn't pursue it earlier, in addition to CAS hanging over the whole thing.

Either way, it is simple now, barca pay, or wait. It is on them. The player is happy to wait, club in no rush to offload him. The 10m barca have offeeed, even 15m, for me is not worth it, he is worth more than that for one year, even unused. Because he fills a precious club trained slot, and can offer cover if needed. As a 15m sweetener in the messi deal, perhaps. On its own, not enough.

A
You're confusing matters. Pep & Txiki have known for a year that the player has refused renewal of his original contract - it was only ahead of CL when speculation had grown about his return to Barca that Pep was queried. Nothing new had happened on the part of Garcia, if anything he had likely rejected the latest renewal proposal from City
A serious professional or in the case of a young man like Garcia a well advised individual would have waited until after the last game of the season to divulge their intentions. Clearly this was dictated by the fools that are ruining Barcelona and he was forced to declare his intentions early.

Wouldn't outright demote him to the Ed's out of irritation, but if Barca don't lodge a satisfactory bid (and as he's been capped by Spain, despite only a year on his contract, I'm talking 30 million minimum) then hardwood bellis leapfrogs him in the pecking order.

Wouldn't outright demote him to the Ed's out of irritation, but if Barca don't lodge a satisfactory bid (and as he's been capped by Spain, despite only a year on his contract, I'm talking 30 million minimum) then hardwood bellis leapfrogs him in the pecking order.
When did we sign him? I think he'll nail down a place.

I’d love to see us allow him to leave on a free this summer to go back to Barca. It’s going to happen in 12 months time anyway and he’s not good enough to be missed so why not grab this chance to show Barcelona how to have class in respecting players wishes and let him go back to Barcelona for free now. Would be a gigantic slap in the face for Bartomeu and we really don’t lose anything from it especially when we’ve got THB waiting in the wings to get those cup games.

At least you're honest
As you're clearly a man who speaks ex cathedra on all matters Barca related could you tell us when you will be giving international clearance to your young Andalusian Larios to start training at the academy ?

And for planning purposes could you give us an idea when the lure of La Cantera will force his return to you or even sevilla his first club

Good luck in the overdue stable cleansing.

I’d love to see us allow him to leave on a free this summer to go back to Barca. It’s going to happen in 12 months time anyway and he’s not good enough to be missed so why not grab this chance to show Barcelona how to have class in respecting players wishes and let him go back to Barcelona for free now. Would be a gigantic slap in the face for Bartomeu and we really don’t lose anything from it especially when we’ve got THB waiting in the wings to get those cup games.

Why not offer Jesus free on top of Garcia going for free this summer. That would reallly show how big we are compared to them...
What a joke unless you were being sarcastic.:)

Why on earth would we reward bad behaviour by giving away a multi-million pound asset for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.