Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why he would change his mind. Almost certain Barca have tapped him up, and IF they have , I can understand the reason why he wants to leave.

He agreed a deal with City and was about to sign before changing his mind.

He's already done it once, there's a decent chance he might do it again. These things happen all the time. Look at De Gea, he was minutes away from moving to Madrid to be with his girlfriend, 6 years later he's still here because she moved over.

He agreed a deal with City and was about to sign before changing his mind.

He's already done it once, there's a decent chance he might do it again.
Someone had a word in his ear, or at least his agents, he won't stay.

We need to learn from the Sane incident, get rid, cash in and move on.

He's 19, incredible to be playing matches for us in such a vital and difficult position as CB.

Give the guy a break.

We are weak in the CB area, that's no secret, but just because he wants to go back home to his club, don't knock the guy.

Weak mentality? Please, he wants to go to Barca, that's not a sign of weakness, but confidence in his own abilities.

Not so sure on the point you make regarding his mentality. Why would he not want to stay and cement his position in an already top team? He can always move in a few years time. For me that is weak minded and he is taking the easy option out.

I don’t have an issue with him looking to go home, we all get that. I do have an issue with the money we will receive for him.

Barcelona are a great club but just like Bayern they are using dirty tactics to poach young players from us. I have no respect for Sane or Garcia when they both could of signed new deals so city could make a few pounds and would soften the blow for the supporters. Anyway that a bit of topic.

Not so sure on the point you make regarding his mentality. Why would he not want to stay and cement his position in an already top team? He can always move in a few years time. For me that is weak minded and he is taking the easy option out.

I don’t have an issue with him looking to go home, we all get that. I do have an issue with the money we will receive for him.

Barcelona are a great club but just like Bayern they are using dirty tactics to poach young players from us. I have no respect for Sane or Garcia when they both could of signed new deals so city could make a few pounds and would soften the blow for the supporters. Anyway that a bit of topic.
He's Spanish , he was at Barca from a young age.

He was given the opportunity to come to us, new culture, language , climate and different type of football, but probably always though if things worked out for him , he would return back to Spain and ideally Barca.

Great opportunity for him to return to Barca, good luck, but we move on.

Cash in , 25m euros plus bonus, not a bad return for someone who cost us nothing.

We bring in plenty of young players from clubs that don't want to lose them. It's the way the world works and they can toddle off elsewhere whenever they're out of contract or if we want to sell them. There's nothing to get upset about.

I'm totally baffled by some people getting shirty about players not renewing when there's no legal, moral or ethical reason for them to do anything other than what they themselves want with their careers.
Those who slag other clubs off for behaving just like our club does should take a good look at themselves in a mirror.

You got Garcia for practically free, you won't be losing him for free if a fee of 10-15M is accepted. Moreover, you can't be guilty of poaching when it's one of your own - particularly involving an expiring contract

MD claiming City value him at 25M - no chance this happens at that fee. Increasingly of the belief Barca will have to wait until June to get him for free as I struggle to see Txiki negotiating it down to facilitate a move sooner considering the Messi saga

Yep. Pay or wait.

Or, pay less, but as part of a deal for messi.

Otherwise, get fucked. Barcelona, that is, not you.

700m only :)

I did Pep did read want to keep him regardless of the contract situation. Obviously rates him more than otamendi n stones

Or 75m+ Garcia for Messi will do who obviously is being forced to stay at FC prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.