Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Spanish , he was at Barca from a young age.

He was given the opportunity to come to us, new culture, language , climate and different type of football, but probably always though if things worked out for him , he would return back to Spain and ideally Barca.

Great opportunity for him to return to Barca, good luck, but we move on.

Cash in , 25m euros plus bonus, not a bad return for someone who cost us nothing.

That is more like it. We move on and get a player that want to be at
He's Spanish , he was at Barca from a young age.

He was given the opportunity to come to us, new culture, language , climate and different type of football, but probably always though if things worked out for him , he would return back to Spain and ideally Barca.

Great opportunity for him to return to Barca, good luck, but we move on.

Cash in , 25m euros plus bonus, not a bad return for someone who cost us nothing.

I agree we move on but he shld of signed an extension and thanked city for developing him into the player he currently is today.

No wonder we haggle so much. Sane and Garcia Shld of went for at least another 20 mil on top of what we received.

Mentally weak, no pace, no strength so if he turns out to be another player that does not make it at a top team we have sold well.

The pull of Barca is a media myth just like united having everyone come through the academy and Liverpool having “done” things the right way. Morally bankrupt clubs, fuck them.

He's 19, incredible to be playing matches for us in such a vital and difficult position as CB.

Give the guy a break.

We are weak in the CB area, that's no secret, but just because he wants to go back home to his club, don't knock the guy.

Weak mentality? Please, he wants to go to Barca, that's not a sign of weakness, but confidence in his own abilities.

Why are Manchester City Football Club giving a kid ' a break' at the the start of a new season?

I've lost track of how many games he's played, but, even if we ignore his numerous examples of desperately poor defending in those games & pretend none of them ever happened, where is the brilliance to suggest he should be playing for the 'best team in the Premier League' ?

Great passing: yes.

Exceptional defending which sets him apart from the guy playing for Brighton, where ?

Where is it ? What has he done ?

We watch Upamecano for 10 seconds & can see a whole set of natural building blocks, which MIGHT make a top defender.

Where are they in Garcia ? Where is the example, of Garcia's brillance for someone like me, who has been saying the same for a year, to change my mind ?

Why are Barcelona, risking a kid being talked round & changing his mind, for the sake of 6-7 million quid ? Why not just sign him & sell some middling kid from their academy to pay the difference ?

Would we be happy with Txiki, if it was the other way round & there is a 19 year old manunian City fan, who is going to be one of the best cbs in Europe, playing in Barca's team & we go 'nah, 18 million quid, too much, leave him there for a year' ?

But he's ok to play for City ?

It's a fucking joke.

Last edited:
We bring in plenty of young players from clubs that don't want to lose them. It's the way the world works and they can toddle off elsewhere whenever they're out of contract or if we want to sell them. There's nothing to get upset about.

I'm totally baffled by some people getting shirty about players not renewing when there's no legal, moral or ethical reason for them to do anything other than what they themselves want with their careers.
Those who slag other clubs off for behaving just like our club does should take a good look at themselves in a mirror.

Didn’t realise we underpaid Schalke for Sane. I will gladly slag of Bayern or Barcelona for going about their business in this way. Are city squeaky clean? Prob not.

You are right in that they have absolutely no obligation to city but we should as a club be respected for offering these players a great place to train and develop under Pep and expect a fair transfer fee, which in these 2 occasions we have not received.

Can't understand a lot of the arguments and anger on here. Garcia is 19 years old. There are not many players in the premiership who have played as much as him, certainly not in a side of our standard. He is also now a full Spanish international. Are there any current internationals who can be bought for £15m? If he has to play out the final year then so be it, He will probably be third or fourth choice at best this season and if he sees out his contract then £15m isn't much to put towards a replacement. KK will be 30 by the time Garcia's contract expires and his signing would be a gamble at whatever price. We know what Garcia can do (and he's not as bad as painted by some) and can expect improvement this season if he stays. Also free hit in squad numbers.

Obviously Pep/Txiki wanted Koulibaly/Garcia as RCB pairing
for the next years but Garcia has other plans, such is life.

If Koulibaly/plan B won't arrive, Garcia surely has to stay.
Then we'll have Garcia/Fern/Stones in that order, like last season :-/

If KK arrives, Garcia could be replaced by Fern/THB and Garcia should be sold for financial reasons only.
Question would be: is he worth some €15m - what Barca might pay - for one year? I'd say no.

And very certainly Barca won't suddenly negotiate Messi's exit only to sign Garcia, that's absolutely ridiculous.

He mustnt be rated too highly at Barca.

That is certainly one way to view it...the other is not over evaluating a player on weekly wages of £15k in an expiring contract

Transfermarkt seems to be popular here, there his market value is rated at €16M

Why are Manchester City Football Club giving a kid ' a break' at the the start of a new season?

I've lost track of how many games he's played, but, even if we ignore his numerous examples of desperately poor defending in those games & pretend none of them ever happened, where is the brilliance to suggest he should be playing for the 'best team in the Premier League' ?

Great passing: yes.

Exceptional defending which sets him apart from the guy playing for Brighton, where ?

Where is it ? What has he done ?

We watch Upamecano for 10 seconds & can see a whole set of natural building blocks, which MIGHT make a top defender.

Where are they in Garcia ? Where is the example, of Garcia's brillance for someone like me, who has been saying the same for a year, to change my mind ?

Why are Barcelona, risking a kid being talked round & changing his mind, for the sake of 6-7 million quid ? Why not just sign him & sell some middling kid from their academy to pay the difference ?

Would we be happy with Txiki, if it was the other way round & there is a 19 year old manunian City fan, who is going to be one of the best cbs in Europe, playing in Barca's team & we go 'nah, 18 million quid, too much, leave him there for a year' ?

But he's ok to play for City ?

It's a fucking joke.
The games is all about opinions.

All I know he is a 19 yr old Spanish kid playing for the 1st team of Manchester City FC in the Premier League and the Champions League, in my book, that is a magnificent achievement.

He is small, yes, he is not the fastest, yes, he is not great in the air, yes, but he can read the game and for someone so young is fearless and confident.

Barca don't want this guy back for the fun or it. Remember Gerard Pique? Very similar situation when he was with the Rags, and if Garcia archives half of what Piquet did on his return to Barca, he will have a great career.

He wants to go home, is that so bad? Just imagine if we sell Harwood-Bellis to Dortmund in Germany, he goes there , becomes a high quality player and City want to resign him. You don't think he would want to come back?

We are blues, Garcia isn't, big difference when making career and life choices.

That is certainly one way to view it...the other is not over evaluating a player on weekly wages of £15k in an expiring contract

Transfermarkt seems to be popular here, there his market value is rated at €16M

PMSL.

The astounding fucking arrogance of clubs like yours at times never fails to amaze.

Last year of a contract and you think Messi is worth nearly £700M?

We will set a price for this summer and if you pay it, great and if you don't, you can wait till next summer.

Transfermarkt? Jeez!

When other clubs don't pay up our asking prize (Garcia) they are fucking arrogant
and if other clubs don't accept our first bid (KK) they are fucking arrogant, too.

No commend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.