Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep, Barcelona and the Spanish National team manager all see something in him.
I'm not too sure what it is but time will tell.
Garcia is in the position he is now because Pep took a chance on him, it hasn't worked out so far but Pep is too stubborn to give up on his project.
He certainly is not up to Champions league standard but that's where he ended up at the end of last season.
Without Laporte or a Dias beside him it just isn't going to work.

I actually think he is more suited for CL than the PL.

Either way, shouldn't be playing in either, for me. But he is there to serve when called on, and pep is there to call.

Yeah , cannot believe we did not take £18 million euros for him , I be happy just to get shut of him for free but if we did get a fee it would be robbery on our behalf

For the 18 millionTH time, it wasn't €18m!

it was 10. plus addons, of which a chunk were unachievable. I believe the club on that, not fucking barca mouthpieces.

And even if it Was 18m hard cash, the club have made the call that it was insufficient. I trust that too.

Pique has gone off with what looks like a very nasty knee injury.

As much as I felt we were silly (and still somewhat do) for not letting Garcia go, I bet Barca are kicking themselves even more that they didn't just cough up the extra few million we were asking for. Their CB situation is bleak.

You'd have to imagine they'll try and sign Garcia no matter what in Jan if Pique's out for a large chunk of time, which could play in our favour in terms of getting a decent fee with 6 months left.

Pique has gone off with what looks like a very nasty knee injury.

As much as I felt we were silly (and still somewhat do) for not letting Garcia go, I bet Barca are kicking themselves even more that they didn't just cough up the extra few million we were asking for. Their CB situation is bleak.

You'd have to imagine they'll try and sign Garcia no matter what in Jan if Pique's out for a large chunk of time, which could play in our favour in terms of getting a decent fee with 6 months left.
Might strengthen our hand with Messi ;)

Pique out for 4 to 6 months means barca need a CB could we do the swap deal

You guys are insane if you actually think Barcelona is doing a Messi for Garcia swap deal.
Probably not.

But Messi seems to be intent on leaving.

They'll get nothing if they wait until next summer.

Probably it's fan-base suicide to trade Messi in the Winter window - but from a financial perspective, it makes perfect sense.

My prediction is that Messi isn't traded in the Winter window - for the above reasons - but comes to us on a free next Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.