Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I don't really care if he goes now or in the Summer, it won't make 1 bit of difference in Citys pocket or stop the development of a club who is so far superior on & off the football pitch right now

If a 5th choice City CH is No 1 choice at Barca then crack on

Without being disrespectful Garcia isn't big enough, quick enough to become any sort of top draw defender so please stop thinking Barca have got 1 over on City when in fact City have been bumming Spanish football for the last 10 years
City will be just fine with THB imo far better prospect & local lad

So thanks Eric you have done ok but off you pop good lad

Will fcbarca finally be buggering off if they get Garcia? If so should we set up a fund raising page for the poor unfortunate souls at Barca?

It's only relevant if that is the topic of discussion - when have I compared Eric to Leo or Dias? So no, it's a different topic

Provocational? That's a juvenile interpretation, I merely stated a fact

Presumptious? Is there any belief that the player is heading anywhere but Barca? The player himself is the one who made himself available via local press

I would counter it smacks of insecurity, what fan doesn't view their own club as special? I have only provided a perspective on why youth players seek to thrive at my club. Yes, you have Foden which is great and he is a local lad and clearly desires to succeed here - seems pretty logical and far from arrogant to see it that way. Consider as well that I have regularly been critical of my club and how it was poorly run by the boards of Rosell & Bartomeu - that's arrogant too?

Or perhaps you have missed the point. Plenty of United fans would've loved to have had the Pique of the past decade or so. Again, comparing it to Dias is immaterial since Pep & Txiki wanted Garcia to extend - so clearly they don't get your point either
I am conparing them on a footballing basis.....you ahve said that people on here are saying that we dont want Garcia because we are bitter about the way he is leaving.....Im arguing that some of us dont want him on footballing reasons..

Calling someones interpritation juvenile again is provocational.....maybe you dont realise this but coming on stating things as fact when they arent is provocational....there are members on here that do the same thing and get called out for it as well so its not personal to you.

It is presumptious and its not fact until it happens....once it happens its a fact...while there are still other possibilities it isnt a fact however likely.

Nothing insecure here...our club is one of the best ran clubs in world football with one of the most forthcoming and forward thinking owners going....headed by a chairman in khaldoon who is the epitomy of decency and integrity. City fans havent felt insecure since the takeover....we know we are in the best hands possible regardless of manager or players (and I love Pep by the way and he has now stayed with us far longer than ANYONE else - maybe that says something about how secure and happy he feels as well.

I rarely hear any manager/chairman come out and say they want x or y to leave....it puts you in a weak bargaining position...Pep said the other day he wants Garcia to stay.....now he may but also its part of the bargaining tool....its no coincidence he has said that in the middle of the transfer window amid renewed media interest in the situation....What managers, chairman say to the press should be always viewed with a huge pinch of salt...Pep outright lies sometimes tot he press - its so obvious...all managers do it. If he says we have no interest inthe ald, he can leave we lose any bargaining position at all.

I havent missed any point regarding Piquet - superb defender....but lots of very good players have come to the prem and not succeeded....jerome Boatang was another very good defender who struggled with us but went to Gernamny and flourished at Bayern.....nastajic played for us and while being decent went abroad and was instantly better off....look how Veron suffered when he went to utd....he was shocking, look at how pogba has suffered in the prem but was a world beater at Juve....(Jesus, there are even suggestions that Messi may strugle and for me he is the besst player that has ever lived...Im not suggesting he would btw)....Im not saying one league is better than another...Im saying that the physical requirements are different and this is why Dias is more suited to us than Garcia.....and again its very relevant to compare them as we are seeing the positives of not having Garcia in the team - proving that for footballing reasons this is a good move for us.

The contrast between Dias and Garcia is very relevant in football terms an d that at the end of the day is what is most relevant...the difference the two have on our team is night and day......Some defenders can play in any league.....Kompany would have been an equal success at Barca/Madrid or Bayern as he was here......Dias is proving that we have now got a defender who is suited to the premiership whereas Garcia isnt.....

It's only relevant if that is the topic of discussion - when have I compared Eric to Leo or Dias? So no, it's a different topic

Provocational? That's a juvenile interpretation, I merely stated a fact

Presumptious? Is there any belief that the player is heading anywhere but Barca? The player himself is the one who made himself available via local press

I would counter it smacks of insecurity, what fan doesn't view their own club as special? I have only provided a perspective on why youth players seek to thrive at my club. Yes, you have Foden which is great and he is a local lad and clearly desires to succeed here - seems pretty logical and far from arrogant to see it that way. Consider as well that I have regularly been critical of my club and how it was poorly run by the boards of Rosell & Bartomeu - that's arrogant too?

Or perhaps you have missed the point. Plenty of United fans would've loved to have had the Pique of the past decade or so. Again, comparing it to Dias is immaterial since Pep & Txiki wanted Garcia to extend - so clearly they don't get your point either
Why don't you be honest yourself
If Barca was profitable at the moment and had say a billion in the bank (like say City ) would you be in for Garcia and be excited about getting him ......Nope
We probably only wanted him to stay so we could develop him a little more and turn a profit but that was not to be

Reactions: CC1
Barcelona needed to seduce City with £20mill for Garcia. They didn't. Or couldn't? Garcia stays at City until the end of the season.

It comes to something when Barcelona couldn't come up with *£20mill* for a player they clearly want so much.

How times and football has changed.

Really...so comparing one centre half against another in terms of performance and affect on the team isnt relevant.....we are talking about football you know.

Its not revisonism at all...its a suggestion of a possible mindset..I never said he was.....but it could suggest this...I wasnt suggesting he should have returned to Barca 3 years ago...Im suggesting that if he was returning to Barca and they were at the same level as 3-4 years ago and dominating then I could understand it being a challenge - but Barca arent at that level and going home is always an easier option than going to a different league/country where he woudl have to adapt more

Him leaving isnt evoking the anger.....like me many are happy to see him go for footballing reasons....we hve better players and as i said right fromt he very start for me he isnt the right player to be a premiership centre half...you need certain qualities - he has some but not all. We didnt take what we could because like barca we had a valuation of him that the club beleives was valid.....Barca didnt bt aths how busness works...its the seller who sets the price and teh range that they are willing to work around that price....not the buyer who decides that....a young centre half for 15-20m who has a good 10 years in him is at the right price.....Ill ask again. if he is so good why are no other clubs banging our door down wanting him (especialy on a free) - and its not just because he will go to Barca,...that wouldnt stop others trying......
The anger comes from the way its done...players (potentially under the instructions of the interested party) running down contracts to be sold for free.....Sane tried to do it to us as well until we eventually got a fee. It also is directed at you (not by me) because of your individual provocational posting style.....the post today is a fine example of this and I beieve you are intelligent enough to know that you are doing this...if not now you do so I suggest you change your style as it does provoke.....

the example today for clairification was .........."he comes on a free".... a simple short statement like that is provocational on a number of levels....one, its presumptious...yes it is probably a foregone conclusion he will but there are many months in between now and then (like you have said about Messi) and everyone knows it only takes a few minutes for things to change in football transfers...so dont ever be so presumptious. ...it smacks of arrogance. Secondly you come across as intelligent but again you consistently state thing as though your club is special.....every club is the most special to its own supporters.....barca to its supporters, City to us, Wakefiedl Town and Accrington Stanley to their supporters. A little humiltiy wouldnt go a miss when on others supporters forums but you seem to be lacking in this and constantly go on about Barca as some guiding light for everyone else to look up to and how all Barca kids want to play for you and will do anything to acheive this.....Im sorry to burst your bubble but thats just not how football works anymore....We have our very own Phil Foden who is a Man City fan but make no mistake about it.......if he wasnt getting something he wanted, if the club suddenly fell apart and we couldnt offer him the stage, chances, competition etc he required (and the money) - he would be off somewhere else.....and the same goes for your players.........you have been lucky to have been consistently successful over a long period of time but nothing lasts forever so be careful as if the walls do start tumbling in Barca (and if Covid continues a lot fo big clubs could be in trouble) then loyalty from players will only go so far

You again by bringing up Pique have missed the point...no one is saying Pique hasnt been successful...but he wouldnt have been so successful here if he had stayed....and Garcia will be more successful at Barca than he will be with us...on a personal level.....he is more cut out for that league but he isnt cut out for this one..the difference in our defence with him in it compared to Dias is night and day....Dias brings out the best in others...Garcia magnifies the worst in others.

The 15-18m is the market going rate for a player of Garcia standing and potential.....in fact its more than reasonable.....you clearly rate him so do you not believe he is worth that much. If he was your player, would you not want him (Now) to sell him for that much at least....why should city expect anything different.....
Excellent post from @simon23. There is though an important discrepancy that needs pointing out. I am angry at Garcia and Barcelona for their duplicity. More so Barcelona as they love to portray themselves as somehow morally superior to other clubs when they are hypocrites. Also, I’m sure if Garcia had signed a contract Pep and Txiki would have helped him achieve his wish to return home and it would’ve happened with a reasonable fee (£15 million would be the going rate at least in today’s market).

Unlike @simon23 though, I freely admit my “anger” is directed at @FCBarca. Except it isn’t anger. It’s sarcasm and ridicule of a deluded Swiss tourist.

Admission they are fucked and cant afford to buy him

Ronald Koeman on waiting till June to sign Eric Garcia: “I’ve heard that I am unhappy, worried… I have to say that I’m fine, happy, and I know the financial limitations of the club, if it’s not possible, it’s not possible. We will move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.