Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT @tariqpanja: This is the €250m asset sale arranged by Goldman Sachs to pay down debt, but Toni seems to have other ideas about how to spend the money

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars https://t.co/tqYfo9nA1P via @MarcainEnglish

Freixa : We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars​

22/02/2021 17:06 CET

FC Barcelona - La Liga Admitted Mbappe or Haaland could be possible​

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars
EFE
Barcelona presidential candidate Toni Freixa has revealed that his campaign has reached an agreement with an investor to contribute 250 million euros, which can be used to bring in new players.

In fact, Freixa went a step further and even admitted which areas of the squad they are looking at strengthening.

"We have been working for some time now and we can say that we have reached an agreement of intent with an investor who will contribute 250 million [euros] for Barcelona Coporate, which consists of four business lines, in exchange for 49 per cent," Freixa told RAC1.

"Although it will first have to go through the Assembly. We will have the funds for the economic situation to improve so that we can make sporting decisions. And in 2021/22 we will incorporate three superstars: two in attack and one in defence."

When asked about whether Ronald Koeman would be in favour of these additions, the 52-year-old was clear.

"It's impossible for Koeman not to like them. They are unique players," he said.

"Koeman will be coach until the end of his contract [June 30, 2022], without any doubt. Giving stability to the coach and the team always pays off."

Freixa was asked if Erling Haaland or Kylian Mbappe could be presented at the Camp Nou, which he said is possible.

"We have a maxim: we will never talk about players until we present them," the presidential candidate stated.

"It's a bad strategy because you allow other clubs to step on your negotiation. But it is absolutely possible. That's what Barcelona must do: bring in difference-making players."

Despite the talk of signings, Barcelona's debt cannot be ignored and that could see the club lose Lionel Messi when his contract expires in the summer.

"Messi has given us more than Barcelona has given him," Freixa noted.

"I have spoken to his entourage, but not personally with him. The opportunity for him to continue is open. His contract has to be brought into line with the club.

"We have lowered the revenue by 350 million euros and the player is aware of that. I have never had the contract in my hand."
Isn't this a clear case of owner investment?

Oh yeah they don’t even think ffp effects them my thinking is ffp going be put on hold indefinitely well at Least till the history clubs tells them too.

I fear this is going to be the way out of Covid for the supposedly “top” clubs who - despite FFP - have found themselves in serious debt. The history clubs will ensure FFP is cancelled until they’re sorted & until another rising club needs to be put in its place.
Suspension of FFP won’t help us because our owners have always worked towards building a self sufficient club without miking its coffers or allowing debt.

Isn't this a clear case of owner investment?

Oh yeah they don’t even think ffp effects them my thinking is ffp going be put on hold indefinitely well at Least till the history clubs tells them too.
They've already failed FFP, 80+m in losses over the last 3 reported seasons. A negative trend pointing to a worse performance this season. UEFA and the CFCB haven't even opened a case against them afaik.

They've already failed FFP, 80+m in losses over the last 3 reported seasons. A negative trend pointing to a worse performance this season. UEFA and the CFCB haven't even opened a case against them afaik.

Think they are looked at over 3 seasons maybe because of Covid and the extra year they added for the Monitoring period saved them.

Think they are looked at over 3 seasons maybe because of Covid and the extra year they added for the Monitoring period saved them.
They'll still fail over 4 years.

Supposed to have lost a few hundred million this season.

FFP is only part of Barcelona's difficulty. If UEFA suspend the regulations for an indefinite period there will be an outcry from those clubs which have not spent their owner's money because they would fall foul of the break even rule but may well be prepared to ensure that the 250 million euros Barcelona think is going to buy them three superstars actually gets them nothing like Mbappe, Haaland and one other. And if this money does go on players it does nothing to ease the problem of their crippling short term debt. As someone used to warn us, "one" can't spend the same pound (or even euro) twice. UEFA has no influence over Barca's creditors, many of whom want to buy a share of the club but Barca's members are quite capable of torpedoing this "investment" and ensuring it can't be used for anything. Garcia on a free might be the only player they get in summer - and for a while to come.

On a wider point the pronouncements of the candidates don't seem to be worth much at all. There's a lot of comforting waffle but nothing which gives any detail of a considered policy. It's fine to dismiss the debt by talking of "restructuring" but quite another to restructure and an entirely different matter to get rid of such a millstone. And it's wonderful to buy three superstars and keep Messi when you're a billion in debt. If I were Catalan I wouldn't have any confidence in any of them. Things are going badly wrong at he Nou Camp and it will take more than a few sugary words to put them right. Ask Eddie Woodward!

RT @tariqpanja: This is the €250m asset sale arranged by Goldman Sachs to pay down debt, but Toni seems to have other ideas about how to spend the money

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars https://t.co/tqYfo9nA1P via @MarcainEnglish

Freixa : We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars​

22/02/2021 17:06 CET

FC Barcelona - La Liga Admitted Mbappe or Haaland could be possible​

Freixa: We have an investor of 250 million euros and Barcelona will sign three superstars
EFE
Barcelona presidential candidate Toni Freixa has revealed that his campaign has reached an agreement with an investor to contribute 250 million euros, which can be used to bring in new players.

In fact, Freixa went a step further and even admitted which areas of the squad they are looking at strengthening.

"We have been working for some time now and we can say that we have reached an agreement of intent with an investor who will contribute 250 million [euros] for Barcelona Coporate, which consists of four business lines, in exchange for 49 per cent," Freixa told RAC1.

"Although it will first have to go through the Assembly. We will have the funds for the economic situation to improve so that we can make sporting decisions. And in 2021/22 we will incorporate three superstars: two in attack and one in defence."

When asked about whether Ronald Koeman would be in favour of these additions, the 52-year-old was clear.

"It's impossible for Koeman not to like them. They are unique players," he said.

"Koeman will be coach until the end of his contract [June 30, 2022], without any doubt. Giving stability to the coach and the team always pays off."

Freixa was asked if Erling Haaland or Kylian Mbappe could be presented at the Camp Nou, which he said is possible.

"We have a maxim: we will never talk about players until we present them," the presidential candidate stated.

"It's a bad strategy because you allow other clubs to step on your negotiation. But it is absolutely possible. That's what Barcelona must do: bring in difference-making players."

Despite the talk of signings, Barcelona's debt cannot be ignored and that could see the club lose Lionel Messi when his contract expires in the summer.

"Messi has given us more than Barcelona has given him," Freixa noted.

"I have spoken to his entourage, but not personally with him. The opportunity for him to continue is open. His contract has to be brought into line with the club.

"We have lowered the revenue by 350 million euros and the player is aware of that. I have never had the contract in my hand."
Vote for me....nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.