Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep latest on Garcia:

Catalan boss spoke passionately about the future of Garcia.

He said, "Maybe you don't know, but you cannot imagine what Eric Garcia means to me. He's like a son. He was the guy during lockdown last season that was the best central defender that we had. He never made a mistake, not one mistake. He played in a Champions League quarter-final."

Guardiola continued, "He's going to play I think at Barcelona... Barcelona don't buy players because they're an average player, it's because they're a top player. In the last two games, he was not selected - it broke my heart. He doesn't deserve that."

Explains a lot.

Pep latest on Garcia:

Catalan boss spoke passionately about the future of Garcia.

He said, "Maybe you don't know, but you cannot imagine what Eric Garcia means to me. He's like a son. He was the guy during lockdown last season that was the best central defender that we had. He never made a mistake, not one mistake. He played in a Champions League quarter-final."

Guardiola continued, "He's going to play I think at Barcelona... Barcelona don't buy players because they're an average player, it's because they're a top player. In the last two games, he was not selected - it broke my heart. He doesn't deserve that."

Explains a lot.

Whilst it shows Pep’s feelings toward him, he still didn’t select him for those matchday squads.

It shows he isn’t using his heart more than his head.

As long as the players are fit, we aren’t going to see him play for us again, unless in a meaningless league game if we’ve already wrapped up the title to give rest for a cup game.

Barca is not a good destination for anyone at present. With debts of more than £1bn and a police raid on the two most senior people at the club this morning as part of a corruption and money-laundering probe it doesn't seem a smart career move.
I wonder how Pool stand now being still owed 70 million from player sale? Makes a big dent in their figures.
Makes sense now why City insisted on the low payment for Eric a few weeks ago which Barca were unable to provide.

I wonder how Pool stand now being still owed 70 million from player sale? Makes a big dent in their figures.
Makes sense now why City insisted on the low payment for Eric a few weeks ago which Barca were unable to provide.

they been paid

Last edited:
Agreed. I have no criticism of Garcia. He is a decent young player (lacking pace) who will never get ahead of Laporte, Stones, Dias and a fully-fit Ake. I wish him well wherever he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.