Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact city only found out he was leaving when he done a press conference for Spain was also a shit house move imo.

This is my problem with him. Agree with most posters in here that he's every right to move home once his contract is up. I also don't see the fuss about his talent but enough people in the game who know better than me rate him highly.

However, he tried to help Barcelona reduce the transfer fee last summer by dropping hardball negotiation tactics in public. That's crossing a line. Not committing to a new contract is passive. Mouthing off about it was active: actively trying to harm City's interests.

He was 19 so he was obviously ill advised by Barcelona in that situation. On that point I have sympathy for him. But I'm not sorry this has happened to him now. He should learn the lesson and steer well clear of them.

Spanish football must be in the absolute pits if they're regularly starting a 20 year old, 5 foot something centre half who doesn't play in their league and can't get a run for his club.

Can you imagine him trying to take Haaland on? He wouldn't get bumped to the ground like Ruben, he'd be swatted away into the fifth row of the stand.

Spanish football must be in the absolute pits if they're regularly starting a 20 year old, 5 foot something centre half who doesn't play in their league and can't get a run for his club.

Can you imagine him trying to take Haaland on? He wouldn't get bumped to the ground like Ruben, he'd be swatted away into the fifth row of the stand.
Like Jonah Lomu running over Mike Catt fall the over 30s!!!!!!!!

Did Garcia sign a pre-contract agreement as he was entitled to do in January? If so, where has this new offer come from, is the agreement not binding?

Did Garcia sign a pre-contract agreement as he was entitled to do in January? If so, where has this new offer come from, is the agreement not binding?

He didn't because he wasn't entitled to, as a youth player. And wherever he goes, we will still get a nominal fee for him, as part of the youth academy compensation.

pep rates him highly, if he were to renew i could see one of ake or laporte(if the unrest we heard was true) being sold.

we get a player pep rates(and he's not half as bad as bluemoon make out) plus money for the cb we do sell, if Garcia decided to stay imo the club would resign him.

Wondered why this thread was live again. Thought a certain somebody's forum ban ended.

He either takes the pay cut to save face and just hopes he can perform and Laporta rewards him later or he tries his hand in the free agency market. A lot of clubs are likely to go after him on a free.
Ah but where would he go? He's homesick remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.