Erik Lamela

NoahCity

If we can't get Isco, I would go for this guy, pretty sure he can play wing and striker. Fast and scores goals. Could knock out two birds with one stone (AM and striker). Scored 15 goals and had 6 assists in 35 apps last season, pretty young as well, 21.

They don't play the same position?

He'd be instead of Cavani if anything

We bid for him earlier in summer apparently, sure there's a thread

Del_Bosque said:

my point though is he is versatile. As with most players though, doubt we are in for him :(

From April

http://www.football-italia.net/33558/£20m-man-city-lamela-bid-rejected

There are reports that Roma turned down a £20m Manchester City offer for Erik Lamela.

This is not the first time that City have been linked with the Argentine forward, though Chelsea and Manchester United have also shown an interest.

Italian media suggest Manchester City came forward with a proposal worth €22m, but that Roma shot it down without any consideration.

The Giallorossi are rebuilding and do not want to lose their most consistent young player.

He just turned 21 last month and has scored 14 goals in 28 Serie A games this season.

Potentially too expensive then. Although if we really wanted Sharawaay who's another target we should at least look again into this.

Del_Bosque said:

Lamela plays closer to the striker than Isco but line in bold is a bit off, I reckon. I don't think he'll ever be a striker, whether a number 9 or 10. He always looks more comfortable starting out on the right and then drifting across that 3 behind the main striker.

He'd be a great option if we're looking at an alternative to Isco, really do think he could develop into a player that scores 25+ goals a season from midfield if he can rely a little less on his left side.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
Potentially too expensive then. Although if we really wanted Sharawaay who's another target we should at least look again into this.

well rather than waste the reported 30m on el sharawaay offer the same amount for lamela who is by far and away a better player already with the potential to get even better. these are the sort off deals we should be investing in!

Lamela had a great season in Rome last year and has already been quoted in the media in saying that he's very happy in Italy.

If we can turn his head then he'd be a great addition but he's a very different player to Cavani. I think it would take a big bid to even get Roma to the table and then you might find the player doesn't want to move. We already have people moaning about the £30m that would be needed for Milan to discuss Stephan El Shaarawy. I feel Lamela would cost more than this. The Bluemoaners would have a field day!

LAMELA

<a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/03/ld-the-swap-deal-manchester-city-must-go-after/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/07/03/ld- ... -go-after/</a>

I'd say it's a no-brainer. And Lamela has been mentioned a few times around on here. Has a terrific time as a Roma-player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.