9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naa just find it odd when grown men have the players name on the back of their shirt. Wasn’t having a go. Each to his own
Oh no worries. I already bought one without a name that I’ll wear. I just like to collect shirts is all. Since family circumstances prevent me from traveling, it’s something I like to do instead.

I've seen people excitedly tipping him to score 40, 50, even 60 goals next season. I know he's good, and I'm excited too, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit. He still is young, and he'll take a fair while in adapting to a style of play that doesn't actually jive well with how he himself operates.

At Dortmund, he was burdened with very little defensive responsibility. He was allowed to stand on the shoulder of the last man and wait for the ball to come to him. He wasn't expected to come deep, interchange with the wingers and attacking midfielders, and slide his teammates in with throughballs. That's something he'll need to learn.

He'll also have to learn to operate with considerably less space. German clubs all defend on the halfway line, be they Bielefeld or Bayern. Haaland generally has 60 yards to run behind into, and barely sees the kind of deep-sitting defensive lines that we usually face in a weekly basis.

I've seen people excitedly tipping him to score 40, 50, even 60 goals next season. I know he's good, and I'm excited too, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves a bit. He still is young, and he'll take a fair while in adapting to a style of play that doesn't actually jive well with how he himself operates.

At Dortmund, he was burdened with very little defensive responsibility. He was allowed to stand on the shoulder of the last man and wait for the ball to come to him. He wasn't expected to come deep, interchange with the wingers and attacking midfielders, and slide his teammates in with throughballs. That's something he'll need to learn.

He'll also have to learn to operate with considerably less space. German clubs all defend on the halfway line, be they Bielefeld or Bayern. Haaland generally has 60 yards to run behind into, and barely sees the kind of deep-sitting defensive lines that we usually face in a weekly basis.

Think Haaland addition will be very good for team by freeing more space for other to exploit the final third. Haaland goal contribution will be less than usual but at the same time i expect our winger and attacking midfielder have more scoring chances opportunities because Haaland will be guarded by atleast two player most of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.