Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was quite a while back, well before the real talk of him leaving last year emerged.

We spoke to his dad Alfie earlier this year and the message was very different.

Everyone was on the same page that City is a viable destination.

The only issue is Mino wants another buy out clause included in his next move, which, on top of £40m in dispersements, had also scared off Chelsea.

I wouldn't be against putting a buyout in there, for a world record fee. ie £200m, let it kick in after 3 years.

Im of the opinion that once Haaland gets in the door the club will keep him.

Players want 3 things. Money, trophies and awards.

City can pay as well as anyone, win as much as anyone and our players have loads of awards these days. Add that to his family connections.

Take it out in his second contract. If for whatever reason he does want to leave, the price is there, we guarantee a massive profit and buy the next wunderkind striker.

Everyone thought Neymar and Mbappe would only be at PSG for 2 years or so. Now Neynar has just re-signed and if Mbappe goes they'll book a big profit.

It was quite a while back, well before the real talk of him leaving last year emerged.

We spoke to his dad Alfie earlier this year and the message was very different.

Everyone was on the same page that City is a viable destination.

The only issue is Mino wants another buy out clause included in his next move, which, on top of £40m in dispersements, had also scared off Chelsea.
Thanks for the update Tolm. For next season, if we’ve demonstrated we don’t want to be in bidding wars or strung along, dislike forking it over to Mino, know it’s going to be a big number, and we know there will be others involved, including/assuming Bayern, plus assuming it’s either Pep’s last year or his future is unclear (which may be wrong), it seems logical to me that one or more of these hurdles argues against us getting Haaland. I mean I know nothing but it just seems like everything has to go right to get through the minefield here and it usually doesn’t.

maybe but no thanks. did you see him just refusing to give the ball up to DCL for the penalty? what a horrible look for him and Rafa
But that’s what the commentators were talking about. It’s his farewell game and he wants to score in it. Just about the only situation I can sort of forgive him for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.