Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who the competition is going to be?

Madrid are getting Mbappe and have Benzema who's either the best or second best striker in the world right now.

Chelsea aren't going to be in after dropping £98m on Lukaku.

Liverpool don't have the money, Barca don't have the money. Bayern have Lewandowski.

PSG are the only opposition as far as I can see but Messi will probably just go into the middle again. I also think Kane -> PSG makes sense, as it guarantees him trophies and money, he loves Poch and Levy would love to sell abroad. Only 2 hours on the train to London too.
I think all of that makes sense outside of Madrid being the club they are and the statements they like to make.

Haaland is better than Benzema and he isn't getting any younger.

Benzema could end up at Paris if politics and horsetrading were needed for Madrid to make Haaland happen.

All assuming Haaland would want to go to Madrid, should he think Mbappe and Pogba give him a chance to be successful there.

it completely fits madrid and psg MO's to try and get haaland regardless of what their team needs the most, so we should never cross them out because of logical reasons. they are illogical teams run by people who get distracted by the shiny object and make irrational transfer decisions because of the buzz they bring.

I think all of that makes sense outside of Madrid being the club they are and the statements they like to make.

Haaland is better than Benzema and he isn't getting any younger.

Benzema could end up at Paris if politics and horsetrading were needed for Madrid to make Haaland happen.

All assuming Haaland would want to go to Madrid, should he think Mbappe and Pogba give him a chance to be successful there.

A player like Haaland being on the matket for €75m, big clubs will go for him, whether they need him or not. It is not just footballing sense, it is an investment and good exposure.

And a player like him will choose the club he wants to go to, whether they need him or not and regardless of who is already there.

Yeah it is nice to think positively and find reasons to rule everyone else but us out. The reality is, they'll all be at the table. The decision will really be his.

A player like Haaland being on the matket for €75m, big clubs will go for him, whether they need him or not. It is not just footballing sense, it is an investment and good exposure.

And a player like him will choose the club he wants to go to, whether they need him or not and regardless of who is already there.

Yeah it is nice to think positively and find reasons to rule everyone else but us out. The reality is, they'll all be at the table. The decision will really be his.

He's not on the market for €75m though, it's going to be closer double that by the time the fees and bonuses are accounted for.

Benzema and he isn't getting any younger.

Madrid isn’t letting Benzema go before the World Cup. The chemistry between him and Mbappe from the national team is something they will take advantage of.
This is the other half of the problem. I don’t think he will want to go from star of the show at Dortmund to supporting player anywhere, which would be the case at PSG and Madrid. Just a feeling, of course

it completely fits madrid and psg MO's to try and get haaland regardless of what their team needs the most, so we should never cross them out because of logical reasons. they are illogical teams run by people who get distracted by the shiny object and make irrational transfer decisions because of the buzz they bring.

I think Madrid has been doing things pretty rationally in the past few years, which is also why I don’t think they would go for a luxury signing like this. They know Mbappe is going to take them to another place. Their team right now is pretty great, it doesn’t need much reform

I think Madrid has been doing things pretty rationally in the past few years, which is also why I don’t think they would go for a luxury signing like this. They know Mbappe is going to take them to another place. Their team right now is pretty great, it doesn’t need much reform
how "rational" was hazard?

how "rational" was hazard?

I don’t think they paid a that high a fee for a player of his kind. His injury record at Chelsea wasn’t really bad; you couldn’t have predicted what ended up happening. After the fact, it’s easy to evaluate. But they haven’t gone for megalomania in awhile

I think Madrid behaving rationally of late is purely down to their economics not being where they once were.

Sadly, we saw this summer with the £170m offer for a player who is free in 12 months time, that rationality has again left the building, seemingly.

They paid £130m for Hazard and paying Alaba £400k a week.

Having removed the wages of Ronaldo, Ramos and Varane over the last three seasons, I believe they have played the longer game and may still revert to type next summer.

They would be better off paying us £40m for Sterling and leave Haaland to us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.