Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that's 50M all in not each, which is certainly high, but not crazy, any idea if the 1M per week wages are correct or is it closer to the 400K mark

It's not actually that high. Gus on here will probably confirm the figure on Neymar, but he reportedly got £47m signing fee from PSG, which absorbed some of the tax fines and dodgy fees related to the Santos to Barca move?

That's before other brokerage fees.

When it comes to those type of fees, agents usually can get the amount spread over the lifetime of their clients' contract.

They don't care. Alexis Sanchez agent got £7.5m every July 1. Even Sanchez got the same as part of his signing bonus.

Eg: Haaland and Mino will get decent upfront hits, but the rest would get spread.
Yes and I suspect Puma will also be involved, with City and Haaland both being their clients. I am starting to feel confident about this deal. I hope it happens because I think Haaland will become (if he isn't already) the best player in the world. It would push City to the next level. We certainly must stop him going to Chelsea or Liverpool (the only other two contenders).

Yes and I suspect Puma will also be involved, with City and Haaland both being their clients. I am starting to feel confident about this deal. I hope it happens because I think Haaland will become (if he isn't already) the best player in the world. It would push City to the next level. We certainly must stop him going to Chelsea or Liverpool (the only other two contenders).
Liverpool definitely aren’t a contender haha!

It's such a sell on so many fronts, on the field and off it.

He has the City background, previously following the club.

It would be a PR dream come true for City.

You can discount Liverpool, for certainty. They don't have the space, nor the finances. They can't even afford to pay Salah what he is asking.

Chelsea may well be willing to push the boat out, but that ship sailed last summer, they couldn't make the numbers and panicked on Lukaku. Haaland isn't playing second fiddle to any other main striker at his club.

Paris are the only serious rival.

You can discount Liverpool, for certainty. They don't have the space, nor the finances. They can't even afford to pay Salah what he is asking.

Chelsea may well be willing to push the boat out, but that ship sailed last summer, they couldn't make the numbers and panicked on Lukaku. Haaland isn't playing second fiddle to any other main striker at his club.

Fuck it, I’m all aboard the Haaland train. No going back now. If we end up with Nunez I’ll be livid.

Can't believe he would go to France. The PL is the only game in town for a young player. Mbappe has not done much for his profile in the French pub league. I really think Haaland will come to England. He can always go to to Paris later for a last payday like Messi.

I'm not sure who the competition is going to be?

Madrid are getting Mbappe and have Benzema who's either the best or second best striker in the world right now.

Chelsea aren't going to be in after dropping £98m on Lukaku.

Liverpool don't have the money, Barca don't have the money. Bayern have Lewandowski.

PSG are the only opposition as far as I can see but Messi will probably just go into the middle again. I also think Kane -> PSG makes sense, as it guarantees him trophies and money, he loves Poch and Levy would love to sell abroad. Only 2 hours on the train to London too.
I’ve heard a few people say Liverpool can’t afford him

Can you explain why as I don’t get it? Their turnover is about the same as ours, so how can we afford it & they can’t?

Fuck it, I’m all aboard the Haaland train. No going back now. If we end up with Nunez I’ll be livid.

It's sort of bizarre that circumstances beyond our control have contrived to put us in the box seat and, arguably, the most attractive of his suitors.

Sancho being moved on, thus Dortmund not needing to sell, cost prohibitive, aligned to Haaland's personal terms.

Levy refusing to budge on Kane.

Chelsea signing Lukaku for £98m.

Salad scoring goals for fun and holding Liverpool to ransom to rightly pay him what he deserves.

Mbappe shortly moving to Madrid.

Barcelona skint and crumbling.

United signing Ronaldo and already having Rashford and Greenwood. Regardless of Cavani being out of contract next summer, Haaland isn't joining a club who are not challenging for the top honours.

Bayern have Lewandowski and Haaland won't stay in Germany.

Paris because of their own financial resources, the loss of Mbappe, the ability for Neymar and Messi to play out wide, are clearly the main threat to City.

Last edited:
I’ve heard a few people say Liverpool can’t afford him

Can you explain why as I don’t get it? Their turnover is about the same as ours, so how can we afford it & they can’t?

Their highest earner is currently Van Dijk on £300k a week - Salah has been asking for £500k a week and Liverpool are struggling to get anywhere near it. They could try to sell him next summer, going into his final year, but they can't be that stupid.

Haaland wants to be the main striker, so would argue he won't want to be vying with Salah, Mane and Firminho.

More worryingly for Liverpool, they already have key personnel heading into their 30s and no major asset to sell outside of Salad to raise significant transfer funds like previously with Suarez and Coutinho.

The biggest difference between us, Liverpool's owners take plenty of cash out of the club, whereas, our owner doesn't take a penny out and everything we make is reinvested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.