Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for recommending the ESPN FC pod. I sometimes watch the show and/or clips on YouTube. I didn’t know the show was a podcast too. Their conversation after the interview clip was interesting. Stevie Nicol is a Liverpool guy but always says Haaland should come to City and I appreciate that lol. He also mentioned how Haaland can’t get the experience of winning titles and the Champions League with his Dads old club anywhere but at City, it would be a unique experience.

When asked if Spain is Haaland’s likely next destination because he likes the sun, JAF said everything is even (between La Liga and the Premier League) and “Team Haaland” doesn’t know where he’s gonna go at this time. He did say previously Team Haaland may have thought it was clear that the route for EH was La Liga then EPL but now it’s more “equalized” and “very open”. He said Team Haaland is looking at how everything plays out at the clubs that could sign him…He compared it to Formula1 saying they are thinking “is there a seat free?” at his next club and “where is Mbappe going?” as if he wouldn’t want to play with Mbappe. But later after Nicols says why EH should go to City, JAF says that RM is a big draw for any player because he could play with “maybe Mbappe and Benzema” lol. Also JAF said he is sure EH will 100 percent play in English football at some point. He mentions him being born in Leeds and Alf playing in the PL. At the end he throws in Chelsea as an option due to their interest last summer and the Lukaku situation. That’s good news (that he felt the need to mention Chelsea) because we know he’s not going to Chelsea and JAF didn’t want to convo to only be about City v RM. Which means it’s 100 percent City v RM. Barcelona was never mentioned.

Now, I’m gonna keep my blue tinted glasses on and over analyze. I think City has just as good a chance to sign him this summer as Real Madrid if not a slightly better chance if the money isn’t an issue. The whole “free seat” and “where is Mbappe going” part is key. I know he goes back to say well actually he could play with Benzema and Mbappe but if you listen to the podcast he did not have to initially mention Mbappe. Mbappe plays for PSG and the question was asking is “Spain” the likely destination, RM wasn’t mentioned in the question. My ears perked up when he name dropped KM. Therefore, I think EH doesn’t want to play with Mbappe, at least not at this point in their careers. There isn’t a “free seat” at RM because Benzema is there. Plus with Mbappe going there too (hopefully), that’s more pitch space and spotlight he would have to share. Also, if EH 100 percent has plans to play in the PL like JAF says, the reported negotiations Haaland is having with RM and the buyout clause issue has to show Team Haaland that it’s easier to move from England to La Liga then from La Liga to England. I’ve also seen people say England is more physical and he doesn’t want to cut his career short playing in the physical league first. We’ll why would you want to be older in the physical/harder league? Players 28 years+ bang in a ton of goals in La Liga. It’s slightly harder to score in PL, the games can be tougher so it makes more sense to come here as a younger player imo. Also he’s picked up quite a few injuries in the Bundesliga which isn’t that physical, so I think the injuries have more to do with how he plays and his body composition, not the physicality of the league. I think Pep’s style of play and our medical team can reduce his injuries. We’ll rely on this goals but not to the extent Dortmund do. He won’t have to play every match here. Speaking of Pep, him being here now has to be a big pull too. JAF mentions how EH knows he will improve as player under Pep.

JAF is close with Haaland and his family. He’s not going to divulge any big news but I do think when he gives his “opinion” or what he “believes” the situation is, it’s well sourced. Btw, I would love for EH to stay at City 10+ years and not go to La Liga but City should use all the available tools to get him in now and then try to convince him to stay (ie like Silva and Kun) if everyone is happy.
Like everyone else, not really got a Scooby what’s going on, but appreciate reading that.

you know it's pure conjecture based on nothing but hopium because they mentioned he has offers from united

Why are some coming on here knocking anyone who posts a bullshit rumor about Erling coming to City when Real uses their fucking lackeys in the Spanish press every day to post the biggest pile of rubbish about him preferring Real...Fuck Real and if you're a Real fan coming on here under the radar or some fan of one of the red dregs you can fuck off too...Haaland to City!...Erling prefers Blues!...Haaland states La Liga is inferior!...how do I know? The same way all the dickheads out there know he prefers Real...

I bet negotiations will take months for Haaland, especially as Mino is f*cked at the moment. They will try and get everything they can out of this deal, especially if they can have two or three clubs in the mix.

I don't get people on here worrying about him signing for us, then moving on in four or five years, I think his addition will help us in getting the silverware I bet he craves, and if we can jag a few Champs League, why would he want to leave? I think it would stem from how we are doing on the pitch, because most move for a more successful club, which is totally understandable.

Even in his sick bed, Mino Raiola is capable of causing carnage, hence the reason why our club and manager must be wary of signing Haaland however good he is, he already has far, far too much baggage for a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.