Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City had any sort of inkling that he was leaning towards Real and turned down our first offer they would walk, It`s because the noises from the Haaland camp are encouraging is why we are still balls deep still in talks.

Have faith in Pep adapting to Haaland being in the team. I imagine our tactics next year won't look anything like this year's. I'm wondering if we're going to go back to having 2 fast wingers to help us counter quicker, similar to when we had Sterling and Sane. This would also compliment Haalands pace and power.

i think thats exactly what will happen mate. We`ve become more controlling to adapt to the false nine situation where if we had a problem deadly focal point then the shape and formation of the team can change again.

Found this interesting thread on Twitter. I don’t agree with everything they say but it does highlight my biggest concerns re haaland. I just don’t think he fits the way we play and like lukaku at Chelsea he may actually hamper us as a team.

The guy ends the thread by saying kane is the most complete striker he's ever seen - give your head a wobble!!

Have faith in Pep adapting to Haaland being in the team. I imagine our tactics next year won't look anything like this year's. I'm wondering if we're going to go back to having 2 fast wingers to help us counter quicker, similar to when we had Sterling and Sane. This would also compliment Haalands pace and power.
This. The thread is assuming he’s slotted straight into the current system, which was build specifically for having (effectively) 8 midfielders and no striker.

Pep switches up the style every year or so. That’ll be the case again if Haaland signs and, have no doubt, he’ll make it look beautiful and devastating.

If Pep wants him, which is no doubt the case if we’re after him, he’s comfortable with how he’ll fit.

Got to draw tge bastards out of tge 18 yard box first. That's the issue currently.

Got to draw tge bastards out of tge 18 yard box first. That's the issue currently.

If you're playing against a 6ft 4 striker with a very high shot conversion rate you can't play like that anymore. You can try but it's too risky. Even now City break that down most of the time.

As an example I think if we had Haaland, Kane or Ronaldo in the CL final and Chelsea play the same way, we win.

He'll change the game for City.

If you're playing against a 6ft 4 striker with a very high shot conversion rate you can't play like that anymore. You can try but it's too risky. Even now City break that down most of the time.

As an example I think if we had Haaland, Kane or Ronaldo in the CL final and Chelsea play the same way, we win.

Not sure about Ronaldo but good post.

Agree he'll be a big game changer, but would be amazed if opposition felt parking tge bus was no longer an option for them. They do that and floodgates will open. I see more of the same, but with some of the chances spurned going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.