Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually surprised to see his worth was around $84m,when you read the fees requested and look at the high profile deals he’s done over the years. That’s not a lot of money considering he’ll be paid off his clients too as a percentage of the deal.
That says to me the figures we read are either highly inflated and or exaggerated or that “worth” figure is way off and he was worth a hell of a lot more in reality. I suppose the third option is he liked to spend lavishly and wasted tens of millions over the years.

Yep I remember the days when $84,000,000 was a lot of money.

I was actually surprised to see his worth was around $84m,when you read the fees requested and look at the high profile deals he’s done over the years. That’s not a lot of money considering he’ll be paid off his clients too as a percentage of the deal.
That says to me the figures we read are either highly inflated and or exaggerated or that “worth” figure is way off and he was worth a hell of a lot more in reality. I suppose the third option is he liked to spend lavishly and wasted tens of millions over the years.

He’s not a one man shop! He runs his own agency. They will have significant overheads

Can someone explain why agents can excuse the ridiculous fees they charge when selling one of their clients?
I think because they are getting that client to another club at a cheaper fee. If you look at Kane, if we did end up splashing £150m on him last summer his agent Brother wouldn't have deserved a penny after getting Kane to agree to that ridiculous 6 year deal he signed.

Raiola managed to get Haaland a release clause in his deal so he could leave for £63m when really his value should be around £150m too so of course he's going to want a chunk of change out of it.

Can someone explain why agents can excuse the ridiculous fees they charge when selling one of their clients?

Listen to the Peter Crouch podcast. For his first contract as a teenager he wanted an agent to sort his contract. The manager told him "we don't work with agents. If you want him involved forget it, the deal is off".

So Crouch backs down and signs a deal for £800 a week.

Then he finds out that the agent has represented other youth players at the club who are signed at the same time and they are earning £3000 a week. He asks the manager why he did that and the guy laughs at him.

On a 3 year contract the difference between what Crouch signed and what the agent would have got him is 125k vs 468k. That is £343,000. A life changing sum.

How often do you think football clubs try to do this to players at all levels? All the fucking time.

Listen to the Peter Crouch podcast. For his first contract as a teenager he wanted an agent to sort his contract. The manager told him "we don't work with agents. If you want him involved forget it, the deal is off".

Then he finds out that the agent has represented other youth players at the club who are signed at the same time and they are earning £3000 a week. He asks the manager why he did that and the guy laughs at him.

On a 3 year contract the difference between what Crouch signed and what the agent would have got him is 125k vs 468k. That is £343,000. A life changing sum.

How often do you think football clubs try to do this to players at all levels? All the fucking time.

Spot on and it's a big reason why I get so fed up of people acting like agents are villains at the expense of clubs.

Not listened to that podcast, do you know which episode it would be?

Exactly agents exist to stop players getting ripped off, of course football clubs don't like agents, they make sure they pay their playing staff correctly.

Too many people make out that agents are the devil and football clubs are saints.

The saying there's no loyalty in football had always been true, however football clubs aren't loyal either. They can be just as dirty as the agents and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.