Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero wasn't anywhere as hyped though. He came to City as one of the most promising young forwards in the world, but was never deemed as world class before we got him.

Just like Sané, it was said that City were merely a stepping stone for Aguero. That's why every summer we were hit with the annual Aguero to Real transfer rumours, as it was muted Real wanted him at the same time as City bid & got him. With Sané, it was always City to Bayern & so it proved.

Atletico wouldn't countenance a transfer of one of their most promising young stars to Real, hence the rumours that City were a 2-3 season staging post before Aguero moved on to Real to realise his potential world class billing.

I can only ever recall us being in the market for potential world class players who we helped realise that potential. Haaland is the only player widely deemed as genuinely world class, that we've seriously been in the hunt for, unless there's another player I've forgotten about.
Bony ;-)

i’m just thinking here, fabrizio romano clearly knows nothing about city’s transfers. he always gets onto them way after any other of our sources. so the club clearly don’t brief him like every other club in the world do, why do you guys think that is?
I don't think many clubs brief him, he clearly steals his updates from journalists who do get briefed & passes them off as his own.

I don't think many clubs brief him, he clearly steals his updates from journalists who do get briefed & passes them off as his own.

Ya, the reason he is so popular, is that he just reconfirms actual journalist information and doesn't actually have his own sources.

So it gives a perception that his "hit rate" is very good and hence the popularity of his phrase " here we go" - so much so that some clubs in Europe have had home announce signings on their social media accounts.

Fair play to him, his social media game is strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.