Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a massive fan of the Apollo missions (nerd would be an understatement).

When Apollo 12 launched it was hit by lightning - Bad at the best of times. This basically killed the guidance platform.

John Aaron (the nerd's nerd) saved the $25 billion mission by telling Alan Bean (Command Module Pilot and fourth man to walk on the moon) to switch the Signal Conditioning Electronics (SCE) to Auxilliary mode (AUX). ("SCE to AUX" - it''s very famous if you are as sad as I am). This brought guidance back online, saved the mission and Aaron cemented his place in history. (He was also instrumental in saving Apollo 13 and was widely regarded as the archetypal "steely-eyed missile man").

See.... you had to ask. Sorry fro derailing the thread.

CTID
That’s interesting. Have you ever seen Gail Platts tits?

Be sensible, D, it would only be the deal of the century were he Swamp or Anfield bound! He comes to Beswick and it's sportswashing, financial doping, obscene, outrageous and a scandal,and a violation of someone's rights. And every goal will be divided into the billions he's costing and we can see the thrust of the chip paper reports till Christmas and then it'll be summat new-ish!
This too... Lol ;-)

When Apollo 12 launched it was hit by lightning - Bad at the best of times. This basically killed the guidance platform.

John Aaron (the nerd's nerd) saved the $25 billion mission by telling Alan Bean (Command Module Pilot and fourth man to walk on the moon) to switch the Signal Conditioning Electronics (SCE) to Auxilliary mode (AUX). ("SCE to AUX" - it''s very famous if you are as sad as I am). This brought guidance back online, saved the mission and Aaron cemented his place in history. (He was also instrumental in saving Apollo 13 and was widely regarded as the archetypal "steely-eyed missile man").

CTID
Cheers mate. Not what I was expecting. I know it makes no sense but at first I thought it was from Seattle to Austin. Looks like @Big Joe Corrigan was right.

CTID
Hit twice by lightning apparently. I'm also a space nerd. Was in Florida a few weeks ago & went to the Kennedy Space Center. AWESOME. Got to see the Saturn V rocket (it's fucking huge) and the Atlantis shuttle. Very impressive. I have nothing but the utmost respect for these brilliant minds & Apollo 13 may very well be human ingenuity at its absolute best, under the most pressure filled situations imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.