Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I think that's confirmation bias. You could just as easily read that as superstition or that he wanted to avoid the obvious photo, where he's stood in the centre of a massive Man City badge, being splashed on the sports pages of every newspaper in Europe.

I can’t believe you responded like that to a joke, even going as far to tout ‘confirmation bias’. Strange.

it can easily be a superstition. I 100% buy that. Footballers are crazy superstitious. Easily checked, does he do it in in other games where badges are on the ground.

Coincidental, I find that less easy to beleive. He looks like he deliberately navigated it.

For fear of not being photographed standing on the badge and that photo misused in the media to link him to a move, not buying that one bit. That is anti-confirmation bias and devils advocate taken to absurd.

Respect for the club his dad played for, and he watched some of as a kid, that seems most logical.

Doesn't mean he wants to or is coming here, but it doesnt mean highlighting it is daft and meaningless either. It is just a comment and opinion on a gesture that happened.

Fair play on majority of what you've said here, it's just interpretation. But the last paragraph is a contradiction.

The original post I responded to said he is "dropping subtle hints" ... strongly implies he's coming or wants to come, because he walked around the badge. So it's not "just a comment", it's someone reading a lot into it.

I never said highlighting it was "daft" btw, I said it was confirmation bias. People are seeing what they *want* to see - the same thing happened with the blue bag.

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Are we really discussing the fact that Haaland didn’t run over the city crest on purpose so it means he must be coming? How about he didn’t run over it because he knows 100% he isn’t coming? Me thinks there is some serious clutching at straws at the moment. If he comes, he comes. If he doesn’t, then he doesn’t and sees another club as the choice to further his career aspirations. Running over a city crest in a champions league quarter final doesn’t have any significance either way. It’s the same as saying he decided to have red strawberry jam (must be going to United) on his toast in the morning instead of blueberries (city) on his pancakes. All completely none sense.

I can’t believe you responded like that to a joke, even going as far to tout ‘confirmation bias’. Strange.

It's hard to tell on here sometimes mate and tbf it's plastered over socials like there's some meaning to it too. If original poster was just joking then fair enough.

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Are we really discussing the fact that Haaland didn’t run over the city crest on purpose so it means he must be coming? How about he didn’t run over it because he knows 100% he isn’t coming? Me thinks there is some serious clutching at straws at the moment. If he comes, he comes. If he doesn’t, then he doesn’t and sees another club as the choice to further his career aspirations. Running over a city crest in a champions league quarter final doesn’t have any significance either way. It’s the same as saying he decided to have red strawberry jam (must be going to United) on his toast in the morning instead of blueberries (city) on his pancakes. All completely none sense.
David Orstein says we are not in for him bit we are after a striker intetesting.

Fair play on majority of what you've said here, it's just interpretation. But the last paragraph is a contradiction.

The original post I responded to said he is "dropping subtle hints" ... strongly implies he's coming or wants to come, because he walked around the badge. So it's not "just a comment", it's someone reading a lot into it.

I never said highlighting it was "daft" btw, I said it was confirmation bias. People are seeing what they *want* to see - the same thing happened with the blue bag.

Yeah I guess I spoke for my own comments/opinions, rather than ref that specific one. Even so, hardly a scientific claim really, but lets not dwell on that.

Just like the bag, it is all a bit of fun really, the joy of speculation and reading into things. I'm all for it, lighhearted as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.