Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think we should do about our striker situation out of curiosity? Stick with the false 9?
No don’t believe I ever said that. He is not the only striker in the world. Like I said if the guy wasn’t born or goes elsewhere we would look elsewhere. There is a theme on here that we must get him and that’s it. People are setting themselves up for a dissapointment. Maybe the figures being banded about are over stated and we get him. Fingers crossed.

Not really, we have 3, non of who are alike in style and all do a decent job.

Don't forget next season is the Qatar WC in Nov/Dec, fuck knows how many of our players get through that unscathed. Squad depth will be more important than ever next season.
Squad depth in all positions is important which is kind of my point. We need a left back, Dm and striker. We may need a midfielder and centre half too. This is all guesswork on our part. None of us can read the minds of Haaland Laporte Silva or any player.

As for Haaland’s wage demands, it is all driven by media speculation.
Erling Haaland currently earns €140,000 per week inclusive of bonus.
Thats around about £120,000 all in.

So any talk of £1m or £600,000 per week won’t happen at any new club.

Realistically a new club would be looking at starting around £350,000 per week, plus bonus. This then gives City and Haaland, room for future proofing, by increasing his earning year on year over the length of his contract.

Squad depth in all positions is important which is kind of my point. We need a left back, Dm and striker. We may need a midfielder and centre half too. This is all guesswork on our part. None of us can read the minds of Haaland Laporte Silva or any player.
I genuinely believe we have the talent in the EDS to cover all those areas as back up to our current first team options.

Wilson Esbrand
Lavia
Delap
McAtee
Doyle/THB

All,and more,are Prem players in the making - an opportunity is all they are missing.

I genuinely believe we have the talent in the EDS to cover all those areas as back up to our current first team options.

Wilson Esbrand
Lavia
Delap
McAtee
Doyle/THB

All,and more,are Prem players in the making - an opportunity is all they are missing.
Lavia isn’t ready enough for us not to sign a DM to replace Fernandinho who will almost certainly leave at the end of this season

I don't like the notion that we can easily break the wage structure just we have to, regardless the dressing room feeling about that.

It's just insulting to our player that have been loyal for us for years, they can at some point be tempted to leave the club for the club with better european pedigree and history aka a lot of bullshit compared to us. Yet most of them still stick with us eventhough the club still not getting the biggest trophy of them all, they trust and care for the club because the club is also caring them back and making a fair and justified wage structure to keep everyone happy.

And now the club want to stab them back and spit all the goodwill they have been building for over years for some kid that i admit is huge talent that can take us to the new height but at the cost of our dressing room?

This really a bad, bad idea if the rumor is true. I hope for everyone sake that Haaland or more specifially his father can convince him for not making outrageous demand for his wage.

You play for City as main man in the club as striker but that doesn't mean you are bigger than the club. We still have our pride and not bending ourselves easily to give in any demand from potential player that joining our club.

No player is bigger than the club.

If Haaland wants to play for City, then we can afford the release clause and can pay him the £300K/per week that should satisfy him. Of note in recent weeks has been the news that Puma is trying to tie him up and any tie in to City may have significant synergistic rewards attached.

If he wants to come, he’ll come. If he doesn’t, he won’t. Simples, regardless of what his agent might want!

Lavia isn’t ready enough for us not to sign a DM to replace Fernandinho who will almost certainly leave at the end of this season
Lavia is a good enough backup to Rodri.

There are some (not me) who consider him a higher talent than Palmer who I think most would agree is already good enough to be a backup, that's just to give you some perspective.

I think he is around Palmer level of talent, which is why it's fine. A backup only plays some games anyways, we are seeing how little Dinho has played this season already, Lavia can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.