Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds like PR speak to me...

If we dont land him we lose out on getting a generational talent...end of....

It wont be the end of the world but if he was to go to another prem club then (esp one of Chelsea or Liverpool) then it just improves either of those two teams immensely ..
Its not PR speak, its reality.

Since the takeover we have lost out on our fair share of "talent" and we have done alright.

If he goes elsewhere then more fool him and lets see how he gets on, I reckon he will regret it.

This. Sometimes I forget, because of wanting a player to sign, just how much of a draw we are to players. We’re at the very summit of European football with the best manager, facilities and prospects of consistently challenging.

If a player turns that down then more fool him.

Especially one with the clearest pathway to stardom as Haaland does. He’d literally have no competition for the spot in the team.
We are in ourselves, the litmus test as to whether they deserve to come. The best manager there's ever been will work you hard and push you, but by God, you'll grow into something you never thought possible.

But only if you really, genuinely want it.
If not, then good luck, it would never have worked out.

I read the comments by Dortmund and agent differently— they’re trying like hell to get Madrid to the table to increase competition. Both parties want a bidding war to maximize their money and that won’t work if we are the only real option. Maybe he prefers Madrid and they’re openly courting them for that reason but either way they probably need Madrid at the table.

I have a generic skepticism that we have the mindset to do this kind of deal. Personally think we somehow end up back at Kane but I just hope we have good knowledge of what happens next so we don’t come up empty again

This. Sometimes I forget, because of wanting a player to sign, just how much of a draw we are to players. We’re at the very summit of European football with the best manager, facilities and prospects of consistently challenging.

If a player turns that down then more fool him.

Especially one with the clearest pathway to stardom as Haaland does. He’d literally have no competition for the spot in the team.
He would be competing with our false nines. Pep doesn’t do regular first 11s. I can see games where he starts and is subbed off, games where he doesn’t start and is subbed on and games where he doesn’t feature at all.

He would be competing with our false nines. Pep doesn’t do regular first 11s. I can see games where he starts and is subbed off, games where he doesn’t start and is subbed on and games where he doesn’t feature at all.
Can i dream we keep a system with a classic 9 and its Erling & Delap in the speartip

With Mahrez and Sterling on the wings? :-/
Foden/Jesus - Haaland/Delap - Sterling/Mahrez

Grealish/Gundo - Rodri/New 6 - Silva/De Bruyne

Unless Mahrez goes, in which case i'll take a left footer to compete with Phil and move Gabby over. Neto from Wolves will do or Diaby at Leverkusen.

Foden/Jesus - Haaland/Delap - Sterling/Mahrez

Grealish/Gundo - Rodri/New 6 - Silva/De Bruyne

Unless Mahrez goes, in which case i'll take a left footer to compete with Phil and move Gabby over. Neto from Wolves will do or Diaby at Leverkusen.
It’d work. Most things would with Pep and Haaland, given his record.

I don’t think Mahrez continually cutting back would suit Haaland much though.

Having said that, we may cross more if we knew it resulted in more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.