Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid are the pinnacle of football, I am not sure how Haaland joining them will be a loss or lack of ambition.

Anyway, if he join City that will be nice if not City are top of the league without any striker.

It will be his loss in terms of not joining the best team in the world with the best manager.

That's a lack of ambition in the immediacy, willing to forsake the present for what might be again in the future with Madrid.

Worked out well for Pogba!

It will be his loss in terms of not joining the best team in the world with the best manager.

That's a lack of ambition in the immediacy, willing to forsake the present for what might be again in the future with Madrid.

Slightly different with pogba as Madrid are still winning league titles now. Perhaps he fancies not only being the new face of Madrid but the new face of la liga. Where as here he would just be another superstar in a team full of them in the eyes of the media.

You could even argue having a huge role in getting Madrid back to the top of European football is far more appealing than just being another player at city. Taking my blue tinted specs off if I was him I’d certainly choose Madrid

Madrid are the pinnacle of football, I am not sure how Haaland joining them will be a loss or lack of ambition.

Anyway, if he join City that will be nice if not City are top of the league without any
Real Madrid WERE the pinnacle of football. Now they’re the pinnacle of a decrepit Spanish league that’s going nowhere and doing nothing.

Real Madrid WERE the pinnacle of football. Now they’re the pinnacle of a decrepit Spanish league that’s going nowhere and doing nothing.

They are top of their league and in the next round of the champions league.
Same as us.

They might be having a financial issue currently but they are going nowhere and will always be top of the list when it comes to signing the worlds best.

I read the comments by Dortmund and agent differently— they’re trying like hell to get Madrid to the table to increase competition. Both parties want a bidding war to maximize their money and that won’t work if we are the only real option. Maybe he prefers Madrid and they’re openly courting them for that reason but either way they probably need Madrid at the table.

It seems he is 99% off to Madrid.

Its new Galactico again, Mbappe for free and Haaland for 75m.

No

They are top of their league and in the next round of the champions league.
Same as us.

They might be having a financial issue currently but they are going nowhere and will always be top of the list when it comes to signing the worlds best.
Yeah but the Spanish league really is shit so who cares? No one’s clamoring to watch El Snoozeo anymore, football purists are stuck in the past

Pogba joined a United battling for top4 in PL. Real Madrid are winning the league in Spain, and are in most peoples eyes one of 4 or 5 teams capable of winning CL, not exactly the same thing. The difference with United is that its clear to everyone City are better, and have been the more successful team, both domestically and in Europe, the last couple of years. In comparison to Real Madrid, its not as clear who is the better team (even if I would like to think its us), and they have been more successful than us the last decade.

Things that speak for us:
Premier League is considered a better league than the Spanish league (but around Europe not by such a great margin people in England seem to assume in general).
We have a spot free for him, Real Madrid have Benzema who is not moving in his position
He have some bounds to our club
We are arguably slightly better than Real Madrid at the moment (but that's debatable)

Things that speak for Real Madrid:
A move to Real Madrid is considered a bigger move than a move to City in most peoples eyes.
His brand would probably be bigger playing for the biggest club in the world
It would be easier for him to win Ballon D'or if we go by what history has shown us
People in general would rather live in Madrid than Manchester
It would probably be easier to score a insane amount of goals in Real Madrid than in the Premier League, putting him in a even better position when the time comes to his next big money move or next contract

I personally think he will join us as long as we pay what he could get elsewhere. But it seems strange to me to say that going to the most successful team in the world shows a lack of ambition. Would you also say that's the case if we weren't interested and he was choosing Real Madrid over Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.